Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Old 03-22-2023, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So for like 8-9 years of P99 history, no one knew what they were doing, and then just magically a year ago (or something like that) everyone figured out how to duo it? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been duoing it for like the past like 3-4 years? I've been on p99 since about 2013. They changed the pathing of the ph/king - made it harder to solo pull but it is still possible again if you know what you are doing. Nothing else changed.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:25 PM
Planar Protector

I’ve prob spent 30hrs in that camp on p99 and never have seen the king. So personally, I’d rather do anything solo and just buy one.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:21 AM
Planar Protector

But could a shaman do it?
Old 03-23-2023, 07:17 AM
Planar Protector

Anything that Loramin isn't personally benefiting from is unclassic and should be nerfed.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:24 AM
Sarnak

when you spend more on wort pots than the tunic is worth
Old 03-23-2023, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ve prob spent 30hrs in that camp on p99 and never have seen the king. So personally, I’d rather do anything solo and just buy one.
But if you spend hundreds of hours you'll see 3 kings in a row with 3 tunics, that's the beauty of rng
Old 03-23-2023, 10:25 AM
Planar Protector

beads and bio orb op
Old 03-23-2023, 10:57 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But if you spend hundreds of hours you'll see 3 kings in a row with 3 tunics, that's the beauty of rng
At this point we shouldn't take for granted that EQ's "random" engine is really random. It's probably flawed like all of its other programming.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fammaden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything that Loramin isn't personally benefiting from is unclassic and should be nerfed.
What did this have to do with classic? I was asking on what changed on P99.

I guess, based on the claims here at least, people were duoing it before? That just seems strange to me, because I did a lot of groups there on Blue (most of my Torpor was paid for with fungi plat, plus I got one more after getting Torpor), and only once did we ever run into a trio. Never a duo ... and IIRC that trio gave up not long after we arrived (although it's literally been years now).

I guess all that changed was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They changed the pathing of the ph/king - made it harder to solo pull but it is still possible again if you know what you are doing. Nothing else changed.
... but I would have thought it would make duoing harder, not easier.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-23-2023, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
beads and bio orb op
Actually, that makes a lot of sense, because I think a lot (maybe all? again it's been years) of my fungi camp time was when Blue was Kunark-locked. I'd need to dig through my logs to be sure, but maybe the change was just "Blue got Velious."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.