Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

one post is fine, also don't bump it as they've stated several times they sort by how old a thread is.. you bumping it would put it at the bottom of the list
Old 12-29-2016, 09:36 AM
Kobold

I had no plans of bumping it, but after this long it seems that they must have decided to deny it for some reason. I guess I don't care as much now. My son always watches me play and I have let him take the controls of my account while I showed him the ropes. At the time I thought I might as well get him his own account and play together but I don't have a lot of time to play as it is right now. Maybe I'll try again sometime next year.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:38 AM
Sarnak

Mine was over 3 months. I doubt it has been denied. Plan on it taking over 3 months.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had no plans of bumping it, but after this long it seems that they must have decided to deny it for some reason. I guess I don't care as much now. My son always watches me play and I have let him take the controls of my account while I showed him the ropes. At the time I thought I might as well get him his own account and play together but I don't have a lot of time to play as it is right now. Maybe I'll try again sometime next year.
No paid staff, the small volunteer crew will get round to it when they get round to it.

I have a question. Considering there are only around 1000 active players at prime time, how come there are apparently so many IP exemption requests?

Is it due to people wanting to roll new characters on fresh accounts? Due to large numbers of people sharing account info / playing communally? I don't understand.

I think both times I made IP exemptions was in preparedness for p1999 LAN parties.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

In my EQ experience over the years everyone I knew that played was a couple and now this guy like me has a family so my wife and kids have accounts. If there are 1000+ people online there are way more than 1000 active accounts.
Old 12-29-2016, 10:33 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No paid staff, the small volunteer crew will get round to it when they get round to it.

I have a question. Considering there are only around 1000 active players at prime time, how come there are apparently so many IP exemption requests?

Is it due to people wanting to roll new characters on fresh accounts? Due to large numbers of people sharing account info / playing communally? I don't understand.

I think both times I made IP exemptions was in preparedness for p1999 LAN parties.
I don't understand. Because there are so many people online people shouldn't feel the need to play with someone that lives in their house?

I definitely don't feel the need to get my son involved so I can finally group with someone. Just would be nice to actually enjoy the game with someone I know and interact with in real life again. (my brother got me into EQ in 2000 and I have not yet been able to get him to join P99)
Old 12-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would honestly love to see the EC population if they did a blanket 24 hour blackout on people using their "IP exemptions"
Old 12-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Also is she like most other mum's/girlfriends/etc and likes to play a class that can buff/heal? Just curious.
haha yes, yes she is. She played a Cleric in the original EQ then a fury in EQ2 and now Druid for Project 1999.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my EQ experience over the years everyone I knew that played was a couple and now this guy like me has a family so my wife and kids have accounts. If there are 1000+ people online there are way more than 1000 active accounts.
Back in the day of the original EQ it was a family thing, everyone in the house played. Step dad like on the edge but he wanted to get some work done first before anything else so refuses to make and account+ Character until its done so yeah cant get that exemption so yeah will probs have the wait again later down the road lol
Old 12-30-2016, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakerees [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't understand. Because there are so many people online people shouldn't feel the need to play with someone that lives in their house?

I definitely don't feel the need to get my son involved so I can finally group with someone. Just would be nice to actually enjoy the game with someone I know and interact with in real life again. (my brother got me into EQ in 2000 and I have not yet been able to get him to join P99)
Pretty sure he thinks 1000 or so people online at a time means there shouldn't be that many unique "subscriptions." 1000 really isn't a lot.

What percentage of regular users are online at the same time? Is it as few as 1%? More than 50%? What percentage hasn't logged on since 2010 or 2015? What percent logs on daily? Weekly? Monthly? Only on holidays? Constantly? What percentage plays during off-US-peak hours? There is much to consider.
Closed Thread