Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Kobold

Default How would you solve poop-socked epic/quest mobs

Considering how populated the server is at end game and how poop-socked many mobs are for their drops quest related or not
(example I know a few people who payed over 100k for an MQ, and another who saved up a quarter of a million plat for a single quest piece because there would be no another way for them to get it)

I want to know what you would think a good solution to this would be if any to the congestion at end game.

I would like more triggered mobs like VSR that only drop quest pieces (not classic but neither is the length of our timeline)

However another suggestion which I find as a bandaid comes from Patrick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubePTrs2VJc
and push all the poopsockers somewhere else = )coughraid servercough
Old 03-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

create vendors that sell a variety of lore based (Dispatch Orders, a Lover's Note, a Book of Interest, etc.) items to summon the epic mobs.

The items could be sold by one or more vendors for a hefty sum. They could be lazily implemented on one vendor for ease of use, or incorporated as alternative subquests.

All of the key components would cost like 25k or something.

It'd help drain plat out of the economy and allow people to complete their quests while demanding the also complete the content.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Nothing suggested in this thread is going to be classic.

Buy socks or learn to accept you can't get the fattest loots in the game without them.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nothing suggested in this thread is going to be classic
Not true.

It's really not a question of "classic" or "not classic", it's a question of "classic environment" vs. "classic ruleset". Using socks (by which I really mean the P99 raid scene) is definitely not part of the classic Everquest environment. No one remembers raiding back in '99 being the same as P99 raiding. However it is the natural result of the P99 team's implementation of the classic ('99) ruleset.

I'd argue that suggestions in this thread are about making P99 more classic ... in the environmental sense (ie. people literally want raiding to be closer to what it was in the classic era). But given that the P99 team has been very clear about their desire to have a classic ruleset over a classic environment, I also don't see socks going away anytime soon.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-02-2017 at 02:29 PM..
Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

A pooped sock never boils.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A pooped sock never boils.
a boiled poop always smells
Old 03-02-2017, 03:20 PM
Banned

Completely remove multi questing and a lot of problems go away
Old 03-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by welly321 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a boiled poop always smells
Sauté with minced garlic and olive oil instead. Mmmmmm!
Old 03-02-2017, 03:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Completely remove multi questing and a lot of problems go away
I agree but I don't think it's a viable solution. Second blue server. Simple....

Allow 1 IP to connect to either at one time, unless they are given a IP exception.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:41 PM
Fire Giant

Code for MQ removed. No MQ possible for any quest, at any time.
Code implemented that clickable items with a restricted class can ONLY be clicked by that class. Only exception to this could be classic Guise to keep people from screaming.
Remove recharging code from vendors by selling full charged item/discharged item/both bought back baloney.
Remove duck cast stop code.

That's what I would really enjoy seeing from the next server. It would be a perfect server if it was a 'hard mode' level 40 cap experience, but that's a pipe dream.

Edit - add GM spot check to EC tunnel sellers for multi-boxing on a semi-random scheduled routine.
Last edited by NegaStoat; 03-02-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Closed Thread