Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2019, 12:04 PM
Fire Giant

just finished "Sapiens" by Harari and it blew my mind. So, so good.
Old 12-18-2019, 03:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Three Body Problem

Cixin Lui

Thank me later
J says this one is for bug-men
Old 12-18-2019, 04:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
J says this one is for bug-men
No u
Old 12-18-2019, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Ive read all of Wheel of Time, Malazan Book Of The Fallen, Game of Throne, King Killer Chronicles, and The Stormlight Archives

1) Storm Light Archives
2) Game of Thrones
3) Malazan Book of The Fallen
4) King Killer Chronicles
5) Wheel of Time

Wheel of Time and Malazan Book of The Fallen are both so long its hard for me in good conscience to recommend them to anyone. I can not recommend the Storm Light Archives by Brandon Sanderson highly enough.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 12-18-2019 at 10:14 PM..
Old 12-19-2019, 12:33 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nice. I read Dune when I was in high school 20 years ago. Should totally give that another read.
For me, Dune was one of those books that totally changed me ... I can clearly set a point in my life before and after reading Dune and all the myriad books that go after it.

The whole UNIVERSE is so thick in lore and backstory, even the not so good but good because they are in the Dune Universe novels like the Butlerian Jihad are ... wow.

And the Bene Gesserit and the Reverend Maters war, the Tleilaxu, the Ixians, the Navigators, wow, so much stuff in a novel and universe!

Re read it and enjoy it! One of the few universes I have tried to gather as much stuff as I can in RPG format as well.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 12-19-2019, 12:39 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ostepop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ed McDonald: Raven's Mark trilogy. Blackwing is the first book, steampunk with horror elements. Sort of a grimdark meets Lovecraft thing.

Miles Cameron: Traitor Son cycle. This author has worn plate armor for fun over extended periods of time. So good, both in terms of details and overall story.

Mark Lawrence. Literally anything this guy writes. I see he's been mentioned above.

Annalee Newitz: Autonomous. One of the best sci fi reads I had last year. Got some Neuromancer vibes off it in terms of how fresh the theme felt.
Interesting books! Will add them to the list! Ahhh so much good stuff to read! so little time!
[center]
Old 12-19-2019, 12:42 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wheel of Time and Malazan Book of The Fallen are both so long its hard for me in good conscience to recommend them to anyone. I can not recommend the Storm Light Archives by Brandon Sanderson highly enough.
I'm only five books into Wheel of Time but I already know that I would never recommend this series. A few of the main characters are just too goddamn insufferable.

That said I still plan to finish the series. Then I'd like to start digging into Sanderson's work.
Old 12-19-2019, 12:44 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by matticas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just finished "Sapiens" by Harari and it blew my mind. So, so good.
Saw a review for this, looks interesting! Might give it a look ... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 12-19-2019, 12:53 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can not recommend the Storm Light Archives by Brandon Sanderson highly enough.

This one piqued my interest! amazing! I read some prior stuff by Sanderson before on the Mistborn novels which are actually quite entertaining [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[center]
Old 12-19-2019, 04:40 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vormotus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This one piqued my interest! amazing! I read some prior stuff by Sanderson before on the Mistborn novels which are actually quite entertaining [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I really love the Stormlight Archive. My only complaint is that Sanderson is so good at planning and structure, sometimes it feels like I am being fed carefully measured spoonfuls of key story elements in regular intervals.
Closed Thread