Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Default Are the disease and poison dot lines correct for this time period?

I just read that they are stacking with each other in a different thread(as in multiple disease spells stacked on one mob). Could be a balance issue because originally poison took about 1.5 mins to do its damage and the disease dots were even worse, taking ridiculous amounts of time like 7+ minutes do their damage.
Old 12-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Former Guide

Moving out of bugs forum. Please gather expected vs actual behavior along with evidence before making a post. You didn't even link to the thread you are referring to.
Old 12-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

patch notes from july '99:
of p99 wiki
Necromancer's poison magic doubles damage and cuts duration by half. The total amount of damage is exactly the same, but the time has been halved.
Necromancer and Shaman's disease-based magic now has a shorter duration. Instead, damage increases.
--------------
All Poison and Disease DOT spells have received tuning.

Post from jan '01

http://web.archive.org/web/200107240...ll.asp?Id=1141

"Scourge used to do nearly, if not more than 1000 damage over the course of 7 minutes. Now THAT is useless, especially to a Shaman, a class that does not need to kite to kill mobs effectively."
Old 12-29-2019, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

And in the priest forum people have confirmed disease stacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenspectre [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can confirm they stack. I pull with IC, then hit with Affliction and TB. TB wears off so I refresh, and if the mob has enough HP I will see BOTH IC and A give wear-off messages, usually on separate ticks. The damage difference is also very noticeable without IC on.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You're discussing two separate and unrelated issues. One is the duration of poison and disease DOTs, which you're correct to observe from the patch notes were originally much longer-lasting and pitifully weak DPS. I don't imagine you'll get much enthusiasm for "fixing" them into hot garbage more than two months after Green/Teal's launch, but you have a factually accurate basis in calling for that change being more like EQ at release.

The other thing you bring up is poison/disease DOTs stacking with other spells from the same line. This has always been the case, as has been well documented from sources written during the early live era (these sources are cited in the thread from 2011 Tecmos linked in the priest forum thread you linked). You seem to be treating it as a given that this DOT stacking is wrong simply because you don't remember doing it with your swarm DOTs as a Druid, but that indicates nothing whatsoever about Shaman and Necro DOTs.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelbor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The other thing you bring up is poison/disease DOTs stacking with other spells from the same line....

I only stated that it is currently confirmed to be happening. Shaman with fast acting DoTs is not classic for this time period, stacking only makes the issue that much more important to address.
Old 12-29-2019, 03:59 PM
Sarnak

It's as classic as /list.
Old 12-29-2019, 05:22 PM
Planar Protector

I doubt they're implemented as they should be because I only just found all these Japanese patch notes you're referencing a few weeks before Green launch (and they were a bitch to find btw).

Yes, GZ tweaked dots to do the same dmg over a shorter timespan. Originally dots were uber long. P99 devs should have the original launch disc spdat.eff which will have all the proper values.

There are easily enough changes in the first year of EQ that aren't quite right on P99 to keep the project devs busy for another 5 or 10 years to nail it all down if they want to be 100% accurate. Every iteration of Green will keep getting better and better.
Last edited by Dolalin; 12-29-2019 at 05:25 PM..
Old 12-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I doubt they're implemented as they should be because I only just found all these Japanese patch notes you're referencing a few weeks before Green launch (and they were a bitch to find btw).

Yes, GZ tweaked dots to do the same dmg over a shorter timespan. Originally dots were uber long. P99 devs should have the original launch disc spdat.eff which will have all the proper values.

There are easily enough changes in the first year of EQ that aren't quite right on P99 to keep the project devs busy for another 5 or 10 years to nail it all down if they want to be 100% accurate. Every iteration of Green will keep getting better and better.
When you posted the japanese patch notes, all i thought to myself was, how? Amazing find!

So does this mean that rabies is supposed to last even longer?
Old 12-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

No, only certain class spell dots were changed. Nothing like rabies etc. It's in the patch notes I believe.

And as for how... lots of crawling around Japanese web rings. They had a really fanatic EQ following all the way back to beta days.
Closed Thread