Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2020, 01:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Is playing 2 characters on seperate accounts and servers still boxing?

Is it ok to have 2 eq's running on separate computors with one character on Green and the other on Teal? Or is that technically boxing? I'd rather find out here than get banned trying lol
Old 01-11-2020, 02:14 AM
Planar Protector

The rule is just 1 character per actual person on the same server. You could use one PC to run a character each on green, teal, blue, and red at the same time if you like.
Old 01-11-2020, 10:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

They actually reduced certain drops cause they knew people would play both. So technically you are at a disadvantage if you don’t play both at once. Fun right.
Old 01-11-2020, 11:07 AM
Planar Protector

You can even box green/teal/blue all on one PC. And red if you believe that's an actual server.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:35 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clumpoid [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They actually reduced certain drops cause they knew people would play both. So technically you are at a disadvantage if you don’t play both at once. Fun right.
Is there a source for this? Sounds like one of those player-made urban legends. Why would the developers think people would play both at once? I don’t know a single person in my guild that does that, and it’s a fairly large sample size.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:39 PM
Large Bat

I finally started playing both last night. Been enjoying a lot of solo time on my enchanter on green, but most solo camps include a bit of downtime, either medding, waiting on respawn or waiting for a desired camp to open.

Group spots usually involve getting on a list and waiting for a spot.

Rolled a druid on Teal last night while camping Treants in SK. Druid is nearly level 4 after going from 31-32 on treants in a few hours.

Great way to keep the time moving rather than just watching TV/YouTube.

Oh, and I have to say the folks on Teal are awesome! Got hooked up with gear by 3 different people in 3 hours of sitting around and randomly killing. My level 3 druid has 20pp, 2 FS weapons, a few Split Paw pieces and a shield ! Thanks to everyone that helped and for being awesome!
Last edited by Xeddzul; 01-11-2020 at 12:43 PM..
Old 01-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there a source for this? Sounds like one of those player-made urban legends. Why would the developers think people would play both at once? I don’t know a single person in my guild that does that, and it’s a fairly large sample size.
Staff said drop rates haven’t been changed in years. I think it’s just a rumor. Plus, if they split Green server to spread out a large population, why constrict items going to that large population? The devs don’t care how many manastones there are.
Old 01-11-2020, 01:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is at this time a player made urban legend. There is no evidence of this anywhere.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:28 AM
Planar Protector

You are welcome to play green and red together, just like Christmas
Closed Thread