Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2019, 12:36 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And I wouldn’t give them shit either. I get to make my living playing bass. I sure am glad other people are doing the actual hard work. Thanks, folks.

I'm not saying let's lick their boots. I'm just saying not to talk trash about them as individuals.
unless your les claypool you're not making a living playing bass lol, funny think about bass is, a guitar player can play bass but a bass player can't play guitar.... i like the ladder
Old 10-25-2019, 01:05 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thank you for your hypothetical service OP.
I never said I served, but I'm interested in serving in the US military like my father did.

I spent most of my 20's dealing with depression and family issues. I've had people pull out machetes and guns at me and dealt with life and death situations. (Ooh internet tough guy!)

I'm used to getting yelled at my entire life, so I figure I just got to get in shape.

However I am wondering how much it will affect EQ and just wanted to hear other people's military stories in general.
Old 10-25-2019, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unless your les claypool you're not making a living playing bass lol, funny think about bass is, a guitar player can play bass but a bass player can't play guitar.... i like the ladder
Who knows, Videri might be in a world famous band. I know a guy who knows a guy that plays for Earth Wind and Fire.

I have friends that have done hip hop performances in crowds of 10,000 people.
I knew a guy who knew the founder of Forever 21, and had dinner with Korean celebrity Rain.
My uncle in law was the Vice President for LG.
One of my Uncles on my mother's side was one of the top 10 people in the Yakuza.
Why can't Videri be some sort of master Bassist?
Or maybe Videri lives in a cardboard box and plays for tips on the street corner.

My point is why the hell not?
Old 10-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks, Seungkyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indicas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Should I respond to the troll? Sure. I play both bass and guitar (mainly bass though) and I teach piano, guitar, bass, and ukulele 3 days a week. I am also the bass player for five bands that play original music of various styles. And I play in a wedding band every weekend that pays more than the other two things put together. I could quit the teaching and get by, but I love it too much and I have taught some of the students for years. I do make my living as a bass player and teacher.

I'm sorry you couldn't hack it.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Seungkyu, I'm sorry your thread has been filled with garbage and only a few responses to your post. Is this what Off-Topic is like? Seems garbo. Try our Discord instead for more...human responses.
Old 10-25-2019, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Prior service here - just gonna throw some side thoughts at you to mull over...
Do you not mind being told what to do? (and sometimes by someone with the intellect of a house plant)
Are u fond of 20k ruck marches, night dropping into Panama in full gear or being on call to be in combat in less than 3 hours?
Basic Training is fun but it does weed out a lot of people not fit for the job.

If you do enlist - please make sure you get in writting that you want to go Airborne, Air Assault, ski school, jungle training, etc... so u get tons of training. If you're that good, go Special Forces or Delta. And if you're a bad mofo go Sapper school
Old 10-25-2019, 06:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seungkyu, I'm sorry your thread has been filled with garbage and only a few responses to your post. Is this what Off-Topic is like? Seems garbo. Try our Discord instead for more...human responses.
Nice is different than good.
Old 11-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Wink

If everyone on this planet would start meditating and looking a little deeper there would be no military infact they would be scared just to join.... [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread