Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2021, 02:13 PM
Planar Protector

Holiday Open Raids have been cancelled by the P99 Staff.

Thank you all for attending the ones that were available before the feeding frenzy began!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:05 PM
Skeleton

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Screenshot after the kill:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks again all for attending, I had a lot of fun and thank you Jennica for the kind words. I'm really impressed with those clerics that chose to attend this raid. I regret I won't be able to attend the open raids today, good luck everyone!

What UI is that? I didn't know they were working yet! wooo!!
Old 12-26-2021, 04:45 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevarianX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There goes the Christmas spirit. GM earthquake and here is Force of Will racing into Fear by itself, saying open rapids are off. Is this going on everywhere now? There goes my slim chance at epic piece as a non-raider SK
I suspect we can thank the people trying to make things like the white scale - clearly bard only - All/All at the last minute out of their own greed. Or demanding Vulak be added to the list etc.

If I was a GM and saw that on-brand greedy BS, I would have done something to call it off too.
Old 12-26-2021, 07:32 PM
Orc

For many of us, this was a chance to actually participate in content that hasn't been an option with the p99 raid scene. As a casual player I was really disheartened to see the open raids called off and it's hard to imagine this was just a miscalculation by the server staff. The organization that people put into the open raids was really admirable. I got to participate with VS but missed the AoW last night and it's amazing to see the screenshot posted and all those people participating and more amazing to see people from top tier guilds contributing to make the open raids possible! Some of us play this game for nostalgia and the experience and it has disheartening to lose the chance to take on raid mobs that I haven't personally participated in raiding against since classic that die immediately upon spawning on these servers. I'm sure I'm not the only one that would love to know what the rationale for the quake was when open raids were planned.
Old 12-27-2021, 04:57 AM
Aviak

Staff did not call off the open raids.

We're going to work on rescheduling all of the Open Raid content for what I'm hoping will be the next naturally spawning cycle (so in about a week).

Sorry for any confusion and momentum lost today and stay tuned for details about the reschedule. I'll edit the original post as they emerge.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by torpori [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I suspect we can thank the people trying to make things like the white scale - clearly bard only - All/All at the last minute out of their own greed. Or demanding Vulak be added to the list etc.

If I was a GM and saw that on-brand greedy BS, I would have done something to call it off too.
“I really need an int cloak on my warrior”.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Closed Thread