Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-22-2019, 07:57 AM
Kobold

Default How strong is the Enc summoned pet?

I've heard different things about the Enchanters summoned pet. I've heard they are the weakest of all pet classes, and that they die pretty quickly and have low hp. But, I've also recently heard that they are much stronger than that, and that they even can tank Hill Giants and other hard hitting enemies at 40+.

I was wondering if any of you higher level Enchanters who use the summoned pet often, could tell me your opinion / impression of the summoned pet? How well can they tank? How much damage they do? Is it possible to pull an enemy, root it, and then let your pet solo it down; or will it die very quickly?
Old 12-22-2019, 08:38 AM
Sarnak

It depends on its use. The pet, when combined with buffs and debuffs, can be a viable pet. For example, I’ve used it to fear kite and face tank mobs in Skyfire that are part of the named cycle.

Is it as good as a charmed pet, not even close. Is it as good a pet as the mage line, no. But, it has its uses and can be used to XP when you are otherwise too distracted to manage a charmed pet.

If you keep your inventory full of daggers, you can dismiss pet while enemy is low hp and still get full xp.

As for the hp/dmg, look at the chart on the wiki on the enchanter class page.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Sarnak

The 44 pet can tank / kill greens that give xp, and low blues.

Pet needs haste and mobs need slow, on slightly higher blues throwing in some stuns helps.

Max hit is quad 45.

If the mob isn't low blue or green, pet is going to have a bad time.

Pretty sure the 44 pet would get wrecked by a hill giant, since it gets wrecked by a zol ghoul knight, even when geared & hasted.
Old 12-22-2019, 08:54 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by derpcake2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure the 44 pet would get wrecked by a hill giant, since it gets wrecked by a zol ghoul knight, even when geared & hasted.
49 naked hasted pet can easily tank frenzied.

the Salt King <Ironborn>
Old 12-22-2019, 12:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

When I was playing on Live, I had a shit internet connection so it was almost always too dangerous to charm. I ended up leveling to 60 or so with only the animation (before I got a decent connection).

It can tank things just fine... if you help it. Slow the mob, haste the pet, disempower line, etc. Judicious use of Runes, Feedback, and some facetanking. But definitely not great at solo tanking anything higher than light blues if you leave it alone.

Was good enough to tank the Alizewsaur at 50+.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was playing on Live, I had a shit internet connection so it was almost always too dangerous to charm. I ended up leveling to 60 or so with only the animation (before I got a decent connection).

It can tank things just fine... if you help it. Slow the mob, haste the pet, disempower line, etc. Judicious use of Runes, Feedback, and some facetanking. But definitely not great at solo tanking anything higher than light blues if you leave it alone.

Was good enough to tank the Alizewsaur at 50+.
Just curious:. How can you cast slows and debuffs on the mob and have your animation retain top aggro?
Old 12-22-2019, 01:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermonk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
49 naked hasted pet can easily tank frenzied.
If it survives a frenzy its prolly gonna cost of your mana out from having to slow/rune/stun. wouldnt really call that "tanking". And god forbid it have any faster weapona nd your pet is toast without chain stun.

Noticing a pattern in your enc related posts.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just curious:. How can you cast slows and debuffs on the mob and have your animation retain top aggro?
Are you trolling? Lol.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Root

https://wiki.project1999.com/Memory_Blur

He also mentions "50+" with the "+" probably being a key character.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

For Allizewsaur just lev over to sister island and charm the lvl 45 dwarf vendor and shred the leezard.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:32 PM
Sarnak

I've found I only ever use my animation when I'm camping a static single spawn. And even then I'd prefer something else nearby that I can charm on the fly. I did watch a 44+ ench solo giants with an animation just fine. This was yesterday. Totally not the most efficient method. You'd want to charm for efficiency.

Question.. Who the fuck is using Disempower line on pve mobs? Isn't that a waste of mana? I thought the pve use of that line was simply to encumber snare your charmed pet.
Closed Thread