Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 06:42 AM
Fire Giant

Default playing a monk who doesnt pull

thinking of starting a monk since it's easy to twink/solo

i really just want to dps or tank in groups, too much effort to pull. if i refuse to pull, am i going to be blacklisted or hated by group members? any monks out there who never pulls and still getting invites to groups?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:08 AM
Planar Protector

You could probably get away with not pulling until your 30s but eventually groups are going to expect you to pull. Monks are excellent at it.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 02-08-2018, 07:40 AM
Planar Protector

Play a warrior?
Old 02-08-2018, 07:45 AM
Sarnak

Lots of monks in the high end raiding game who doens't pull and are terrible at it. You will be just fine standing in a corner and pretending to be a plant.

A+ sir, keep up been a scrub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:52 AM
Sarnak

I stopped playing my monk just because of this, I don't like pulling but feel guilty not doing it in group settings especially when there are no other pulling monks in the group, you probably wont be blacklisted or hated, but you certainly are not playing the class to it's fullest potential which may put some people off, you also may have to add "LFG 50 monk (non-pulling)" to your LFG line just to avoid confusion when you get to a group and won't do it, might make it hard to find group. It's not that much effort to pull but I don't get any enjoyment out of it personally.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 02-08-2018, 08:07 AM
Fire Giant

My monk is mainly bandaging in groups. Most of the people are happy with that. Pulling is not necessary when you know how to play
Old 02-08-2018, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My monk is mainly bandaging in groups. Most of the people are happy with that. Pulling is not necessary when you know how to play
Old 02-08-2018, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

If you’re not going to pull, don’t even bother. That’s like asking if people are going to blacklist you for being a Warrior but refusing to tank because all you want to do is DPS
Old 02-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you’re not going to pull, don’t even bother. That’s like asking if people are going to blacklist you for being a Warrior but refusing to tank because all you want to do is DPS
Less so with monks possibly... there is a lot of monks (at least when i was leveling one) and often had groups with 2 sometimes 3 monks

However that being said I agree with most people in this thread.... don't play a class half ass if a huge part of the class is against your playstyle... if you don't like to pull because it takes a lot of constant input then don't play a puller class and find something more in line with how you wish to play.... like warrior

Its like playing a enchanter but never wanting to charm because its too much work.... might as well play a magician at that point
Foxlich [60 Necromancer] Foxplosion [60 Wizard]
Foxstab [60 Rogue] /Foxcharming [60 Enchanter] / Foxfrenzy [60 Warrior]
Old 02-08-2018, 08:53 AM
Fire Giant

Look it depends on context. There a plenty of situations where it's better or just as good that the ranger pulls, or the tank. You could try and cherry pick exp spots to accomodate your aversion to pulling. But if you flat out REFUSE to EVER pull then maybe you shouldn't play a monk.
Closed Thread