Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 02:07 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Can we SERIOUSLY consider allowing BLUE server to go to Luclin/PoP

I know it's been discussed many times, but now that Green server is alive and well for all those that want to relive the classic timeline, what can we do with those of us that have countless hours in our Blue toons and want to take the next steps.

I'd personally LOVE to see the PoP content again. What can we do to make this happen?
Old 04-13-2020, 03:31 PM
Sarnak

No thanks, I am fine with where Blue is at and it never releasing future expansions. This allows me to play each class with the goal of end content on all of them. It's going to take a while, but its a good goal.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:33 PM
Fire Giant

What do you mean "allow"? Do you really think they have the code for luclin and PoP ready to go but refuse to just press the button to open it?

It's a volunteer project. The truth is there is like 3 people in the world that want to program this server and the content we have now took them 10 years.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know it's been discussed many times, but now that Green server is alive and well for all those that want to relive the classic timeline, what can we do with those of us that have countless hours in our Blue toons and want to take the next steps.

I'd personally LOVE to see the PoP content again. What can we do to make this happen?
Its not likely that this will ever happen given the mission objective of this server.

That said, I would like to see some community made custom zones/content that would adhere to the spirit of this server. Maybe a 3rd Guk zone or an expansion off of Cazic Thule. Id like to see more meaningful zones for the mid 40s besides Lguk and CoM.

This is all far beyond my capabilities, and frankly im not even sure if it can be reasonably done.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

Yuck, I'm on P99 because I loathed that stuff that came later. I especially loathed Planes of Power. It drove me out of the game the first time 'round and it'd drive me away from here too. I don't want to re-live the classic timeline either. Classic timeline was much too short for people with lives outside the game. Could never catch up before the next expansion came along and rendered everything outdated again. P1999's extended timeline was one of its largest advantages for me and the fixed era is no issue. I know what I'm getting and I'm fine with it.

Danth
Old 04-13-2020, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgunben [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its not likely that this will ever happen given the mission objective of this server.

That said, I would like to see some community made custom zones/content that would adhere to the spirit of this server. Maybe a 3rd Guk zone or an expansion off of Cazic Thule. Id like to see more meaningful zones for the mid 40s besides Lguk and CoM.

This is all far beyond my capabilities, and frankly im not even sure if it can be reasonably done.
I have good news for you: the staff has explicitly said that someday they will add some custom content to Blue.

As always, they are extremely cagey about the details (like when and what). However, based on what little they have said, it seems extremely likely that they will introduce new "classic-themed" zones, which use post-Velious zones as the basis ... but then they'll add 100% custom NPCs/loot to make these new zones uniquely P99.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have good news for you: the staff has explicitly said that someday they will add some custom content to Blue.

As always, they are extremely cagey about the details (like when and what). However, based on what little they have said, it seems extremely likely that they will introduce new "classic-themed" zones, which use post-Velious zones as the basis ... but then they'll add 100% custom NPCs/loot to make these new zones uniquely P99.
I do remember reading something about that several years back.

Frankly, I would like to see a game like Diablo 3 get modified to employ the same mechanics as classic EQ. For example, reducing the amount of mobs, and making the ordinary mob, much much harder to kill.

Exanima is a game currently in development, but is playable right now (in Beta I believe) that is similar to what im talking about.
Old 04-13-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Blue is p99s test server. Leave it as is and keep making the pathing extra spicy
Old 04-13-2020, 04:10 PM
Kobold

Blue was the test server for Green. It always was, and they stated that from the start. if you don't want to go past Velious, move to Green, as that is what it is for.

There is a seriously growing interest in moving ahead with Luclin. Its the VERY few people whining about it here. But it is always the same few people whining over and over and over.

Even if they were to release Luclin, if you don't like the expansion, don't go there. There rest of us will. It's always your option.

There is a rumor that P99 staff are in legal negotiations to release Luclin.

I myself am really looking forward to it, as are others.

Whine all you want, but progression waits for no man.

The excuse of wanting to level out one of every class means nothing, as I said earlier....Move to Green. You can't have it both ways. The rest of us that stayed with blue, aren't hindered by the "classic" mentality. We just want the fun of exploring new lands, MoBs and spells.

The devs have already worked out the basic EQ infrastructure, and Luclin already exists on the client. I don't see as creative as the devs here are, that they are going to be content with simply maintaining Green. That goal has been achieved. They acknowledged it already, and have stated they wanna do some custom content on blue, translation: Blue is no longer constrained to purely classic. Move to Green.

Perhaps with any luck, they will start the Great Luclin expansion. I mean you can only kill the top Velious stuff so many times before you stagnate.

"The only difference between the saint and the sinner is that every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future."

--Oscar Wilde
Old 04-13-2020, 04:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talamild [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Lets just flip the ‘enable luclin’ switch. Easy as pie in the sky.
Closed Thread