Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2020, 05:39 PM
Large Rat

Default Can we talk Torpor/EoT/other class-defining dropped spells?

Hi.

I'm just a man. In a guild. But, I'd like to bring to the attention of all the thread title.

My understanding, and please correct me if I'm wrong, is that these spells are random/rare drops from high end (but not necessarily raid) content. Hence, some, or all, are obtainable with a solid 6 man group of the usual classes...tank, heals, cc etc.

A quick look on Blue preceded the creation of this thread - or rather, a look on the wiki at the current/historical prices of some of these spells. And I'd like to put forward the following scenario, for discourse with...well, everyone, but more specifically the resident raiding guilds.

I get that you guys (high end raiding guilds) will mobilise, organise and farm the bejesus out of the mobs/zones where these are obtained, in an effort to equip your members ASAP. That's totally cool and fine and, to be frank, what you do. All power to you.

What I'm tabling for discussion is an agreement to both:
(a) not cock-block other guilds/persons from accessing these class-defining spells and
(b) have a server-agreed price, which, whilst not enforceable, is nevertheless an agreed price that is within reasonable grasp of all serious players. Note, I said serious here - for brevity, consider that to be a person who puts all their time and effort in to the game, but for whatever reason, is not part of a raiding guild and will in all likelihood be purchasing these spells on the open market.

As an example of (b), I note that the highest recorded price for Torpor, for example, on Blue was 299k. I would consider that beyond the grasp of aforementioned serious player. As of now, the price for Torpor on Blue is 100k. I'd consider that at the upper echelons of the means of said serious player....ie, that's a lotta bonechips.

Further, with respect to (a), I am fully cognizant that such strategies and tactics are part of EQ folklore. And doubtless exist still to this day. I am hoping to cultivate a more mature and fulsome discussion, which is engendered in attitudes beyond the historical and inflammatory.

Items, such as Fungi tunics et al, aren't specifically class defining and thus fall outside the scope of this post. The spells, by definition limited to one class, make the game that much more enjoyable and participatory for those players who possess THE POWAH. I'd just like to see THE POWAH shared, or at least made more obtainable, and am appealing to the nobility of those at the top, in the manner of noblesse oblige.

This post, I hope, will serve as the starting point for those individuals and player collectives to ruminate, discuss, and ultimately eschew or enable as they see fit. I'm not holding my breath, but if you don't put your hand up to create a better world when you can, you have no business crying about it when it goes to hell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] So, this is just me, putting my hand up.

Thanks for reading.

A man.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:40 PM
Sarnak

All of those spells can be obtained from bosses, jugs, tolapumj, G Wurms and honestly they are not even that rare, just play casually and have fun and stop worrying about it

Its not like there is any difficult content anyway when everything is overpopulated to death

PS Try red ( Where torpor and a ds pot can let you solo the 4 named spawn in crypt and defend against rogues )
Old 11-11-2020, 05:41 PM
Server GM

Go spend a week farming guardian wurms.

Torpor on reserve for Trendydru though.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by galach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Go spend a week farming guardian wurms.
Vouch for Gwurms

Additionally you can play the spell slot machine via Cliff Golem, Emperor Chottal and later during Epics Era Ixiblat Fer
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 11-11-2020 at 05:49 PM..
Old 11-11-2020, 06:07 PM
Sarnak

Keep in mind that the wiki show's what people are auctioning it for, not what someone paid for it.

But yeah, there's some things I'll never get.

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 11-11-2020, 11:11 PM
Planar Protector

Sounds like you're asking people to not do what they feel is in their own best interests, eh comrade?

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 11-11-2020, 11:35 PM
Orc

If the prices are low enough to be accessible by all, then the demand outstrips supply. Free market is necessary
Old 11-12-2020, 12:36 AM
Aviak

It's P99, if you want the loot without paying for it, you're gonna need a sock.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:38 AM
Planar Protector

Why not level to 58/59/60, start forming groups to handle Juggs or GWs and get it organically?
Old 11-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Planar Protector

Every poster said something good here.

The spell is not your right. Fight wurms and get it, or farm items to sell for plat to buy it. It is achievable by all.

Loot policy for a random drop like that is probably the trickiest part since its hard to need before greed something that gives enough money for anyone in the group to buy anything else they want.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread