Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 12:17 PM
Aviak

nm read one of the above post i missed.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by karkaroth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1.Clarify Pleases: utter noob here but sneak/hide at least for non rogue classes it acts just like nvis. Anyone with the see inv can see you ?

Not that i'll roll one but what about rogues they harder to detect ?
Rogues can sneak+hide to move around invis (and it should allow them to get past most see invis mobs too, but currently doesn't).

halfling racial hide = invisible without moving. Sneak = indiff con while behind the mob. It would allow a person to do quest turn-ins and bank/vendor in areas they'd normally be dubious / KoS (can use invis pots / ring of shadows to instant-invis to avoid agro on sneak break).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah like I said, none of that shit matters because it doesn't make CH better.

Welcome to Velious.
Well, this is Red server chat. PvP matters and those items do make a difference. See invis + infravision on an instant recast is another junk buff that can be quickly thrown up.

Root clicky would allow you to perma-lockdown someone if you catch them without sufficient MR. Also gives you something to CC with.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 11-26-2014, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

So basically what you are saying is all races that can be a cleric get something unique like clickies or tinkering, etc, that cancels one and other out, making the race choice meaningless?
Old 11-26-2014, 06:22 PM
Banned

dwarf cleric
Old 11-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically what you are saying is all races that can be a cleric get something unique like clickies or tinkering, etc, that cancels one and other out, making the race choice meaningless?
Are you serious? The race you choose is what grants access to some of those items while completely locking you out of the other choices.

Root is a valuable spell to have access to. Spell gems are also precious (especially during PvP where it's more difficult to do a swap). It's like having a 9th spell gem.

See invis is a useful thing for PvP. So are instant-click junk buffs (in PvE too!). Being able to cast a spell that normally you'd have no way of casting is big, especially when it stacks with other instant-click items.

Choosing HE means you don't get the Deadeye clicky. Chosing Erudite CT means you can't have the root clicky.

It's a choice that actually would dictate how a player reacts in a situation. A mob agros you during mass PvP and you don't have root mem'd? You can root it with your clicky instead of zoning or getting someone to peel the mob off you.

Or, 1v1 pvp. YOu have deadeye helmet, see invis bracer, aura earring and jboots. Congratz! you're immune from having any of your really powerful buffs removed because you can re-junk faster than they can pumice. This means they can't get to your levitate, your HP buffs, your resists ect.

But yeah, go ahead. Convince yourself a 10point str buff or infinite beer is the same thing.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 11-26-2014, 11:46 PM
Planar Protector

I actually had typed out a much more in depth response but it's pointless. You're welcome to your opinion. I appreciate you keeping the debate civil and there is some good information in this thread.

That being said, I maintain my original opinion that cleric race choice is meaningless. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-26-2014, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Gnome because Velious goggle-helm is the best helm.
Old 11-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Aviak

from wat i see Human Innoruuk is prob the best get the hum clickies + the innoruuk (sp) clickies... and
although i cant find it i swear there is a Human quest item that gives you skelly/leech one of the lower lvl necro spells. But alas i cant find proof of this but i want to say Lite's cleric had it cause clarity wouldnt overwrite it.
Old 11-27-2014, 05:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baalzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not really true, the benefits are just less obvious from the start and many of the items aren't available until Velious but:

DE Inny followers get a snare clicky
HE Tunare followers get a root clicky
ERU Quellious followers get Calm clicky
ERU/HUM CT followers get Fright Forged helm (instant click Deadeye, see invis + infravision), also a fear undead clicky / Fear animal clicky. Also a 10svm shield with other decent stats.
GNM/HUM Bert followers get clickly disease cloud (Cleric tank?)
GNM/DWF Brell followers get clicky str / clicky summon beer

GNM get the tinkered armor with buff clickies which include:
See invis
Invisibility
Haste
Summon throwing hammers
30str buff
30dex buff
40% MS buff
Some pretty big differences depending on race there.

That would allow Dark Elves to Fear/Snare kite undead

Half elves get mana free root AND a 25 PR DR stackable buff

Cazic Thule followers get an extra click that's huge for pvp, makes them much harder to dispel. With J boot and Goblin skull strip would only take 1 buff lol that's nasty.

Bert Followers get Disease Cloud which allows them to dot themselves so they cant be mezzed. Out of C. pots fuck it.

Gnomes can go invis without having to buy pots.

Good post man very informative.
Closed Thread