Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2015, 02:15 PM
Kobold

I'd pay a sub
Old 05-04-2015, 11:44 PM
Aviak

This is cool news and great of Daybreak to be embracing the community in such a way. Goodwill towards fans/customers goes so far and I always enjoy watching companies that realize that.

Was there any stipulation either way around open sourcing the code powering P99? Or is the reverse true and they are maybe helping you out in ways that are awesome but that you can't talk about? IP rights are a sick fascination of mine, especially when it comes to code.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:28 AM
Sarnak

Without having any details, this "agreement" almost sounds more like DB saying "we really don't care about your little project, but if you do a release within 3 months of ours we will make life very difficult for you."

EQFriends Consolidation Tool - consolidate all your friends
Auction/Logfile Notifier - logfile watcher with text/email notification
Old 05-05-2015, 12:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by salimoneus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without having any details, this "agreement" almost sounds more like DB saying "we really don't care about your little project, but if you do a release within 3 months of ours we will make life very difficult for you."
If they really feel that way... good. Let p99 live. and if DB wants p99 to delay some things... really its the only thing to be added then that it for p99, then let it be. DB has the power to shut this shit down instantly. I'm very happy with DB crumbs and scraps... But I can't seem to find the big bowl of EQ Next... Anyone seen it?
Old 05-05-2015, 02:36 PM
Decaying Skeleton

follow the new on french site :
http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite...t-project-1999

Glad to see that all comunity is following P99

Please change link on eqemu server information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboume [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
follow the new on french site :
http://www.jeuxonline.info/actualite...t-project-1999

Glad to see that all comunity is following P99

Please change link on eqemu server information [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol I went to that site first time this weekend, while trying to get Medieval Lords up and running on Win7. That game was mostly coded in French. Had to use google translator though.
Old 05-05-2015, 08:42 PM
Planar Protector

This is actually a good thing. Gives the staff more time to work out bugs, and people to farm shit.

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:21 PM
Aviak

*Refuses to kiss someones ass*

Dont you think people might see this as an attempted ploy to boost server numbers over the summer?

from what ive heard, numbers WERE dropping drastically, and now it's over populated. silly how that works... i wonder if there will be long term player blowback?

im not terribly upset.. raiding this summer is likely out of the question though... as theres little to no room in the raid rotation as is for smaller, new guilds.

I suppose grouping will be similarly affected.. 5 hours of lfg in KC with a zone pop of 50 people... WOOOOO!!! good times?
Old 05-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Orc

What a fucking cry baby. For real. Tell us more of your problems and selfish suggestiina.. Please. We all are very interested
Old 05-07-2015, 03:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by golten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*Refuses to kiss someones ass*

Dont you think people might see this as an attempted ploy to boost server numbers over the summer?

from what ive heard, numbers WERE dropping drastically, and now it's over populated. silly how that works... i wonder if there will be long term player blowback?

im not terribly upset.. raiding this summer is likely out of the question though... as theres little to no room in the raid rotation as is for smaller, new guilds.

I suppose grouping will be similarly affected.. 5 hours of lfg in KC with a zone pop of 50 people... WOOOOO!!! good times?
All of that comes with the territory playing classic EQ. Any guild can join Class C, Class R, or just go for FFA targets - you won't get on the sky rotation, but there are many guilds you could join that are (I'm fairly certain pretty much all sky rotation guilds are recruiting actively). KC is always crowded because it's a lazy/easy zone to level in the 50s, just like Velks will be in Velious. You could grab some other LFG people and head off to the Hole, Howling Stone, maybe a few other zones and get XP but instead you sit in KC and complain.

Quote me on this, they are not going to add instancing for you. Dozens of other games cater to what you're looking for.

Life's hard when you're stupid.
Closed Thread