Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 04:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobby [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
says Shanasauraus-Rex...
Spelled my name wrong
Old 04-03-2011, 04:59 AM
Sarnak

Hey The Overlord, play and post or don't play and don't post. Choose one. Damn alcohol it makes me post meanly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Zigfreed; 04-03-2011 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: I forgot the The
Old 04-03-2011, 10:58 AM
Aviak

Ok, thank you all for the encouragement. I wasn't going to give up on the pally but I just didn't understand why everyone thinks they are second rate tanks. Plus if Hobby plays one then who can say they are bad!

I am LFG often so it's nice to be able to solo to an extent or break my own camps if needed. And if so few people play them then I guess there won't be much competition at the higher end game for pally gear!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

I played a rogue on live and there was NOTHING I hated more than paladins, Fucking Nothing.

All they do is spam stun, so when I steal agro from backstabbing and the mob faces me they stun the shit out of it while its facing me making positioning really annoying.

Then they got the stun that had the pushback effect, so when the mob was facing them they would knock the shit out of it and every spellcast would knock the mob Through me so 3 or 4 times a fight the mob would teleport behind me as im trying to bs it.

then the brells, OOHHH THE BRELLS! Every god damn raid I would have to get about 12 copies of ranger buffs because every 2 minutes some asshole paladin would hit me with brells.

Then they all have that I'm the master of the universe ego...

A lot of these stun issues may not apply on p99 yet, but my lifelong hatred remains.

To Hell with your damn paladins!

Oh yea .... Piss Off.

H
Old 04-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Sounds like someone is a lazy ass who cant tell a paladin to not buff them, and would rather AFK autoattacking while watching tv and occasionally hitting the 4 key to backstab.

What paladin is buffing on raids without getting tells anyways? Probablly the guy who fails at his job just as bad as your rogue.

I can make hate posts as well!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:03 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrocat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've found the opposite to be true.
Same here. It's quite the opposite from my time in live. I literally turn down offers to group every single time I have a play session longer than an hour.

Usually, if a given player is "class X", and they find trouble grouping, it's usually the player's reputation and not their class.

There will always be players that are unaware they've trashed their playing reputation and then look for any reason but themselves as to why groups are hard to find... It's an old story in Norrath.

And, in instances where you do find prejudice against a class from some players... well, it's always been my opinion that those players are just ignorant. It's the player that's good or sucks, never the class (outside of what the game requires... healer, tank, dps).
Last edited by Lagaidh; 04-03-2011 at 02:09 PM.. Reason: forgot to finish a sentence
Old 04-03-2011, 02:17 PM
Aviak

Oh I don't have any problems getting groups. But almost every time someone says something about how bad other pally tanks have been. I usually get compliments. I'm talking more about the hate I read on the forums, and the fact that the class has a lower population than most other classes.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

SK>Pally because Dark Elves can't be Paladins.
Old 04-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by xshayla701 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SK>Pally because Dark Elves can't be Paladins.
Pally > SK because Dwarf Barrel Roll > All [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Aarone - Paladin o' Brell

"Tempus Fugit. Memento Mori."
Old 04-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannacore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a paladin alt. She rules! So fun to play.
quidado amingos, this thread is now about Tralina.
Closed Thread