Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2018, 04:29 AM
Kobold

The recast time on your shadowbond line off spells is shorter than the duration. You can cast your heal on one person, and while they are still receiving the heal over time, you can cast it on another person as well before it fades. It just refreshes your dot instead of adding an additional dot to you. You can have 2 people receiving your heal for the price of 1.

Always have a mob in camp as a grouped necro, no downtime. Keep those heals flowing non stop. Drain + heal all day. Gauge the damage received/output, adjust your heals accordingly, screaming terror to interrupt nukes, snare fear as an above poster mentioned, aggro kite, etc. Find creative ways to mitigate damage, slowing is not the only way. If your slower takes notice, they'll stop slowing = more mana for dps = faster kills = more xp.

Very contentious, but avoid twitching as much as you can. Twitching = losing. Far too many times have I twitched people only to watch them be completely inefficient with their mana, or waste precious ticks of mana standing for no reason. Once you get a finger on the pulse of the group, you dictate where the resources go. Stand your ground to whiney mana leeches. Don't be rude, offer coaching.

I know this was a gear question but some great play advise was dropped here so here's my 2cp.
Old 01-01-2019, 07:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How do you manage to consistently dispel the recourse? In my experience dispels are nearly random now and it's easy to get buff 8-9 rather than 1.
With these 3 rules I made it work quite reliable:
1) Use no insta spell refreshers, they screw up client buff order vs server buff order in my experience
2) Use anull magic and a junk buff in 1st slot leaving 2nd slot empty (more debuff ticks makes it more reliable to not skip buffs)
3) If it stops working that way, click of all buffs (except that aego and alike ofc) and restart buff order from scratch

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 01-01-2019, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Casting shadowbond x2 per each vexing with demi-lich (or even lower lich running) is usually net gain...so you can do it pretty much forever.

The problem with it usually comes with having a charmed pet at the same time...if you try max your efficiency by holding off on vexing till you are VERY low health (I think when I first got Vexing I could heal myself to full if my health was as low as 25%). If you let yourself get that low trying to max efficiency you eventually get a charm break at really bad time (duel wielding pet that can pretty much one round you at low health).

Other than that the SB + Vexing + Charm pet (easily doable in KC grps) is very over powered. You can keep your heal running and still do a ton of DPS with only the pet.

I generally don't try to dispell...the amount of times you going to do this you end up cutting your own buffs eventually anyways, even if you get lucky/control it 90% of the time. It depends which buffs you are running I guess, but generally I have buffs on me that I really don't want to lose.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:21 PM
Kobold

I'd only bother doing it self buffed, wouldn't want to waste an Aego or PotG for it /shiver

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Closed Thread