Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 10:49 PM
Aviak

Default 39 Enchanter Solo... Kaesora or Mines of Nurga?

I just hit 39 grinding hag tower since 35. Trying to decide where to head next. Looking for a change of scenery and wanting to go solo dungeon crawling instead of the group route.

I've watched all Tecmos Deception's videos and saw he did Nurga. Looks interesting plus I've never been there. He also mentioned Kaesora but didn't do a video it looks like.

I'm curious if I'm gonna be able to solo Kaesora at this lvl or if I should wait. That ZEM just sounds nice lol. Or should I head to Nurga for a few levels?

This is my first character back since PoP days 16+ years ago. I did so much Lguk and Solesek zones back then, I don't really want to do the same old thing.

What do you suggest?
Old 02-01-2019, 12:24 PM
Sarnak

I see no one's answered but hoping you might have tried both and could let us up and coming chanters know where you ended up doing lvl 39+.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Fire Giant

You should also give crystal caverns a shot.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:03 PM
Banned

Kaesora is good exp. But with undead mixed with live mobs it makes corpse runs absolute hell.

I would do Lguk live side. No one ever there and you can pull right to the zoneline.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Aviak

I did Kaesora throughout lvl 40. Loved it. I stuck mostly to the library where there are mostly undead and manageable.
Old 02-02-2019, 02:24 AM
Kobold

I did Droga at 39 charming to 44. It was great practice to deal with mixed classes of mobs instead of super safe/boring all warrior mobs. You'll be fighting mobs that will be dispelling your charm, you'll have to manage mobs that are dotted, you will get rooted, etc. Bring poison pots.

At 44 I did a few more levels with summon illusion, giving him 2 gnoll hide lariats, so between him and I, casters we're chain stunned. The max level 44 summon chews through those goblins extremely fast.

Pillage ds (this is the key, top priority after cc), wandering mind, boon, tepid (languid if you don't have wandering) the tougher melees, and stuns. Stun anything that'll harm your pet (especially slow, instantly pillage that off/rehaste), let the healers heal, no problem. Actual zero downtime, <15 second fights.

I did the few extra levels to secure a few more EoEs for alts as well as increase faction in chardok. Having a pulling class factioned in chardok is $$.

Biggest problem with Droga is level 60s sitting at the only 2 mobs worth a shit. Pretty lame but everyone has to sleep eventually.

If you're goal is hyper speed leveling, just go to a zone with all warriors. CoM comes to mind.

Post an update!
Old 02-02-2019, 06:25 AM
Kobold

Please excuse the few auto correct typos. You're and we're come to mind. Can't seem to edit.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:02 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sicc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Biggest problem with Droga is level 60s sitting at the only 2 mobs worth a shit. Pretty lame but everyone has to sleep eventually.
haha, i just did lvl 45 in Droga and this was the biggest problem for me too. Damn 60s farming the soothsayer or chief all day long.

I loved Droga. Like you said, it was a great spot to learn how to deal with multiple classes rather than just warriors like I did in Kaesora.

Breaking the Soothsayer room was great practice and pretty fun. At the end there, I was able to clear through multiple rooms pretty easily. I didn't like the experience as much as other spots, but that's probably mostly because i spent hell lvl 45 there lol.
Closed Thread