Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 07:14 PM
Aviak

I don't think it's that hard to tell. Items of significant player value are rarely stocked by merchants.

Did you have a specific example?
Old 11-09-2017, 11:07 PM
Planar Protector

I have wanted to do this, and like the idea. I have an idea to do something similar along the lines of a themed Iksar/Cazic only guild with gear restrictions etc. tell me more!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:31 AM
Sarnak

Well Sonderbeast, you're welcome to check out ALS =)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Kobold

Sonderbeast,
I tried a Iiksar-only guild long ago on my Iksar before ALS was around. It was called Zeal for Cabilis. All-Iksar, Kunark only content. Most only spoke Lizardman. LOL. If you enjoy RP, there are some of us that are nutty like that. *Melech stares in the mirror*

Either way, best of luck!
Old 11-10-2017, 01:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainik Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well Sonderbeast, you're welcome to check out ALS =)
Hey, maybe I will so I can learn about your system of things and adapt it later on. How about my baby mage? Who do I contact to join?

Quote:

If you have proof of a staff member violating policies, you report it in a Forum PM to me [Rogean] or Nilbog.
Old 11-10-2017, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_rob242 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sonderbeast,
I tried a Iiksar-only guild long ago on my Iksar before ALS was around. It was called Zeal for Cabilis. All-Iksar, Kunark only content. Most only spoke Lizardman. LOL. If you enjoy RP, there are some of us that are nutty like that. *Melech stares in the mirror*

Either way, best of luck!
This is what I was thinking, very thematic, but with gear restrictions and rankings based on achievements. For example, you have a title based on your progress of your class specific quest i.e. crusader quests knave, squire, knight, hero, and until 30 you are given a set of banded, once you attain 30 you can begin questing for Trooper armor or Dreadscale armor.

Quote:

Old 11-10-2017, 03:00 PM
Kobold

That’s a cool idea! To reach an officer in-game /who all Auld and ask to speak with an officer. Look at our Discord as well (linked in my signature)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:40 AM
Sarnak

<Auld Lang Syne> is now rocking 4-5 level 60's leveled in the ALS way, along with, at my last count, 7 epic weapons garnered in the same fashion! As part of Hydra alliance and on our own we hit the Plane of Sky and other Velious and Kunark content! Look for us in Hate and Fear soon!

This isn't to say ALS is only interested in higher end content! Each week there are lowbie raids - so watch your alts, ALS may storm unrest, runnyeye, or some other dungeon! We have a large playerbase and an active and friendly membership. There are always enough officers on to help guide those new to the guild through our semi-complicated ruleset, and always more than enough people online to form guild groups!

Congratulations to our newest level 60, guild leader Rainik! Also congratulations to Winnifrid on completing his druid epic and to Hatefull for completing his cleric epic! And to Aintnothang Bruthamang, one of our warriors on achieving his dream of getting the Infestation!

ALS is recruiting, reach out to us in discord (you'll find it above in b_rob242 (aka Melech)'s signature, or reach out to me or any other officer in game. Remember, the max level to join now is 15!

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 12-16-2017, 04:22 PM
Large Rat

Make sure to join this guild before 15, I applied and was denied because I was already 19.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Orc

I've always enjoyed the grind in EQ when I played from 1999-2002. I wasn't a consistent player with my characters, as I must've created dozens over that period of time and never took one past level 47. Raiding and visiting the high-end zones was also something that I never took part of.

When I came back to EQ, I rolled a Halfling Cleric. I figured that Cleric's are always sought after and the class would ease me back into the game without an incredible amount of difficulty. After leveling my Cleric to 35, I needed a change. I fired up an Ogre Warrior, which I leveled to 13. Again, I wanted to try something else, so a Troll Shaman it was. With two months of playing time under my belt, I still hadn't visited Kunark, so I hopped onto the boat and enjoyed the experience (and a death), traversing to the Field of Bone and to Kurn's Tower.

It was there that I grouped with a similarly leveled Monk from ALS. We were a supreme duo and I was having a blast with just the two of us. As the evening went on, we talked about the game, our history with it, and I got a lot of tips on being a better player. He then began telling me about his guild and I immediately wanted to be a part of it. I wanted that classic, grinding experience, with a tight group of people. Unfortunately, my Shaman was a bit twinked with purchases from EC, and I would've had to suicide back to level 15 and start naked. I could've done this, but again, I love the grind, so I started a new Troll Shaman and joined ALS. Best. Decision. Ever.

I don't have any desire to play any of my non-ALS characters again. The inclusive economy, having to quest/grind for your own items, and keeping equipment in the guild is great. I was excited to play EQ again a couple of months ago, but am twice so now.

One of the little things that made me appreciate the experience was when a mummy thumped me into the ground. I couldn't hit him! I then remembered that there are mobs that only magic weapons can inflict physical damage. Being able to get a magic weapon in the tunnel so early made me completely forget about this game mechanic. I may not find myself a magic weapon until the 20's, either by drop, quest, or dropping the 50+p on a Combine, but that's fine!

Anyway, if this playing style appeals to you, check us out. I'm having the best time with the game since its release. And to quote the great Neil Peart, "The point of a journey is not to arrive."
Closed Thread