Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2018, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grab one of the million monks and duo the arena ogres in neriakA. Great exp and super lazy. Let the monk chain pull, keep shadowbond rolling, and summon a rogue pet then put on a movie.
This would be fun - ill have to try this when i have EQ time again - currently finishing my basement lol!
Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckwalk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grab one of the million monks and duo the arena ogres in neriakA. Great exp and super lazy. Let the monk chain pull, keep shadowbond rolling, and summon a rogue pet then put on a movie.
Seconding this. I did all of 59 at ogres, duoing with a rogue and fear kiting, it was faster and much safer than HS, got about 4% an hour through the entire level.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Seconding this. I did all of 59 at ogres, duoing with a rogue and fear kiting, it was faster and much safer than HS, got about 4% an hour through the entire level.
Any faction loss involved in killing these ogres?
Old 01-15-2019, 05:22 AM
Kobold

The Dead.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceminus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hmm, so the 5%/h of level 58 (ikky nec) i was getting at the ry'gorr fort in EW wasn't all that bad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-15-2019, 06:01 AM
Planar Protector

Except that 59 is super hell level compared to 58
Cerras - Hierophant // Dharkan - Warlock
Kirua - Assassin // Veuve - Gravelord
Tornade - Warder // Fikko - High Priest
Dikkenek - Warlord // Barraki - Crusader
Old 01-15-2019, 06:30 AM
Aviak

Yeah sadly elite guards start to green out at 58, otherwise it would probably give 6%/h which is roughly the equivalent of 4% of 59.

I wish i had known that spot earlier, if you can beat the crazy respawn of the guards at 53-54 (which i think is possible with PoTG, with no outside buff you need the extra efficiency of Cessation to be able to keep up when the oracle repops) it would make the double hell of 54 quite a breeze.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:00 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah sadly elite guards start to green out at 58, otherwise it would probably give 6%/h which is roughly the equivalent of 4% of 59.
Unless I misunderstand hell levels, 59 should take about double the exp that the level would if it were not a hell level. Level 59 should also normally take more exp than 58, plus the same level mobs would give less exp because they were now lower level compared to you.

Even ignoring all that, just given the double exp nature of the level, it seems like 4% an hour in 59 would be equivalent to at least 8% an hour at 58, if not actually closer to 9 or 10% if grinding the same mobs when all other factors are considered.

I know that I went from getting 6-7% an hour in HS up to 58 to getting 2-3% if I was lucky, so ogres were a lifesaver because I was facing serious HS burnout on top of the major slog the exping there had turned into.
Last edited by tranceminus; 01-16-2019 at 02:02 AM..
Old 01-16-2019, 12:21 PM
Banned

Could have swore I've seen a necro or two up in the spiders in Velks.

Its just hard to suggest anything but HS. You could always go to Sebilis and hope for a group.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:22 PM
Kobold

Neriak ogres are god tier. Was getting 8-9% an hour at 59 while duoing with a monk.
Closed Thread