Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2018, 10:30 AM
Orc

Default Enchanter Spell Gems

So what is the best spell to have specifically in spell gem slot #1?? I have only a lowbie level 25 Enchanter but I love playing him a lot, my favorite caster class, with a Necromancer following closely behind, but currently have been using Tash in spell gem slot #1, although I'm debating if Root might be better? Why spell gem slot #1 is so important is because with a GCD reset item such as the Rod of Insidious Glamour you can have spell gem slot #1 always available pretty much, no cooldown. So what would be the most advantageous? Or would it mostly vary on whether or not you are soloing, duoing, or grouping?
Old 12-15-2018, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

Not sure what you’re talking about #1 slot, it doesn’t have some special exemption. The number slot has nothing to do with GCD reset. That’s something that applies to any slot that isn’t currently on cool down.

Read Loraen’s guide here that specifically talks about spell line ups. You will get a general feel for what you should be using. He even has a few YouTube videos linked of some solo battles I recommend you watch them you’ll get a feel for how switching it done at the highest level.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide
Old 12-15-2018, 10:52 AM
Orc

No it does, yes you are completely correct in when using a GCD reset clicky, all spell gems come off cooldown EXCEPT the one you just cast, HOWEVER, say you cast spell spot #1, say its Enstill, you hit GCD reset clicky, spell gem #1 ALWAYS comes off CD immediately, whereas say you cast spell gem #4 and that has Mesmerise and you use GCD reset clicky, spell gem #4 is still on CD... this is why Shaman generally put spell gem slot #1 as Cannibalize for example.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 AM
Orc

Seriously check it out, go in game and test it put a spell on gem #1 and cast, hit a clicky, and #1 always refreshes instantly, whereas no other spell gem will refresh instantly upon casting that respective spell gem...I've read Loraen's guide and watched Tecmos Deception's vids as well as Loraen with his little gnome fighting bosses and the like. In his guide he mainly mentions regarding spell slots about having all the CC tools ready, which is helpful, however doesn't mention anything regarding advantageous use of the GCD reset in spell slot #1.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

First slot 100% refreshes faster.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure what you’re talking about #1 slot, it doesn’t have some special exemption. The number slot has nothing to do with GCD reset. That’s something that applies to any slot that isn’t currently on cool down.

Read Loraen’s guide here that specifically talks about spell line ups. You will get a general feel for what you should be using. He even has a few YouTube videos linked of some solo battles I recommend you watch them you’ll get a feel for how switching it done at the highest level.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide
Read " Getting around and other tricks" in the guide YOU posted. I pray you dont actually play an enchanter.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtip [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read " Getting around and other tricks" in the guide YOU posted. I pray you dont actually play an enchanter.
LOL, I do, and better than 99.9% of the schmucks who attempt to play one. Also, since you can't read, let me help you out with that. That guide has nothing to do with what we're talking about in the thread, the person who wrote the guide didn't even know about this at the time. OP is specifically talking about the slot 1 spell gem bug, that with a GCD clicky it will override the natural recast of a spell instead of still having to wait a few secs for it to pop back up. I did some research & testing, it worked on something like Dazzle after waiting 1 second(if you tried instantly it would still give you the spell recast error), but not the longer stuff. Obviously being able to chain ToT would be way too OP, you'll just get the spell recast timer not met message.

OP, I'd probably use mez for this little trick/bug/exploit. Being able to get one off quicker is nice. Seems most are using Root/Mez for this slot.
Last edited by Crede; 12-15-2018 at 11:44 AM..
Old 12-15-2018, 11:35 AM
Orc

Thanks! And yeah initially when I found out about GCD reset item, I wasn't aware of the first spell gem bug on top of it either until I watched a video awhile back of Pikn on his Shaman talking about using it for Canni, I use lifetap for my Necro for spell gem #1, still seems to be a toss up tho on what would be most useful for Enchanter tho cuz arguments could be made for Root/Mez I suppose, and hey at least you learned something new and super handy today.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:41 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, Loraen had no idea about this bug when he wrote his guide.

Apparently, Einstein Qtip over there seems to think it's somewhere in the guide. Since Lorean was already topping the solo artist charts, I dont see this as an absolute game changer. In critical situations you're having 2 stuns out anyway which you'll be using over a fast recast on one of your mezzes.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks! And yeah initially when I found out about GCD reset item, I wasn't aware of the first spell gem bug on top of it either until I watched a video awhile back of Pikn on his Shaman talking about using it for Canni, I use lifetap for my Necro for spell gem #1, still seems to be a toss up tho on what would be most useful for Enchanter tho cuz arguments could be made for Root/Mez I suppose, and hey at least you learned something new and super handy today.
Yea thanks for specifically pointing this out. I see this as more of a fun thing on my Wizard so I can throw down some nukes quicker!
Closed Thread