Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2019, 10:12 PM
Kobold

Default Wizard Duo Tips

A friend and I really want to each play wizards together. Any tips from gear, strategies, leveling areas etc. would be very welcome!

FWIW: We are aware of what wizard is in p99. It's OK!
Old 01-05-2019, 11:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Any tips from gear, strategies
I'm no Wizard expert, but I would imagine that the strats Wizards use to solo are the exact same ones you'd want to use to duo, because both Wizards' direct damage spells will essentially "stack" with each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluntfang [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
leveling areas
If you're looking for the most optimal path I'd check out the Wizard guides in the wiki, but if you're looking to explore check out the Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
FWIW: We are aware of what wizard is in p99. It's OK!
It's both sad and amusing that you need to declare this.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:59 PM
Fire Giant

duoed wizard 1-36 with a friend and it was very fun. so much zap zap.

for gear the double Solist's Icy Wand honestly made level 12-24 one of the most memorable and fun levelling experience in my p99 career hehe. After that you still use it (I was still using it a little bit at 36) but it obviously becomes not so very broken quite quick [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Second item you abolutely both need is a Kromzek Surveyor Scope or another GCD refresher. I don't want to pull a number out of my ass, but honestly the DPS bump this gives is awesome, mostly when it's times 2. When you can cast your highest DD, then Telescope to get your DD back right after it lands with 0 cooldown and Zap Zap again, times 2!? ouch ouch. Super cool ^^/

Other than that it's good old MP.. HP.. INT.. etc. as usual, unless you can buy Manastones and shit, but if you wouldn't be asking if you were in that league i guess ^^

quest wise you absolutely have to get the staff of temperate flux, and if possible the Jboots as well.

it's been a long time and i'm not gonna list specific spots, but for hunting you will absolutely destroy anything that's low HP; a rogue, a bard... even casters you shouldn't be afraid of. You can both time your first DD to land at the same time, refresh GCD and cast a second one instantly, this makes for four max-DD in a very tiny window, and that's enough to kill a mob for a long time hehe.

When you'll reach 34 it's quadding time and that's a whole different story and this is where we stopped with my friend cause honestly the pure zapzap DD thing 1-34 was just too much fun, and we both like the journey better than the destination anyway so we started another duo at that tme or something ^^

but notwithstanding your disclaimer at the end of OP, that Wiz-Wiz duo was honestly one of the most fun I've had on p99, and I play all classes and mostly duos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Have fun cheers ++
Old 01-06-2019, 01:08 AM
Large Rat

Send a message via MSN to Bytol

I played with Nagoya, i'll just add that joining a group from time to time was also a lot of fun, t'was indeed lotsa pews [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-06-2019, 02:20 AM
Fire Giant

lol nice way to spend your 5th post in 10 years bro xD such a legend <3

but yep obviously duo'ing is all about not duo'ing as well, sharing the fun with anyone you can on the journey.
and contrary to urban legends, nobody has ever refused to group with us cause we were two wizards [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] and it was always super fun and awesome.
Last edited by Nagoya; 01-06-2019 at 02:23 AM..
Closed Thread