Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 05:45 PM
Planar Protector

This wouldn't have happened on the red server.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This wouldn't have happened on the red server.
Gotta have competing guilds to get proper guild drama going. Red would have to reduce the threshold for creating a guild to 1 player, and then all 3 of those 1-player guilds would each have to go full on multiple personality madness to create their individual guild dramas.
Old 01-06-2019, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotta have competing guilds to get proper guild drama going. Red would have to reduce the threshold for creating a guild to 1 player, and then all 3 of those 1-player guilds would each have to go full on multiple personality madness to create their individual guild dramas.
That didn't take long.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:06 PM
Kobold

Kanpalin, you are a good dude. There are many other good people in Tempest too.

The iron fist and ball gag tactic used to the higher ups made me not want to be there too. I decided to risk emptying my DKP bank defending Tempest in RNF to prove to myself leaving was the correct choice. It was amazing how swiftly I was ushered into discord to face judgement. It sucked for a day or two, but the punch wore off pretty quick.

You will have a lot more fun in Core Kan. It's nice to be guilded with folks that actually respect and appreciate each other from the top down. It sucks that Tempest ended up unable to provide that for so many of us. Hopefully , for the sake of the remaining members Tempest has that are there to see it thrive, those with the power to make it a guild worth fighting for can change their ways.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaseal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You know who it is. Kinda rhymes with smell finger.
Brell Singer? The fabled dwarven bard?
Dell Blinger? The guy who plays on his 1999 Dell CRT monitor?
Bellring?... er... o-oh.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:05 PM
Banned

i am impressed by the thing you just told us you did because had you not told anyone about the thing you did it might have been just like not doing anything at all. you knew you did it and you had to get that on to the shit-boards where it could be received like the hot warmth of the sun touching bare skin on a winter day. i'm extremely impressed by this fact and i commend you for doing things and i also appreciate the fact that you are posting about them. the server is alive and strong, you are an integral piece in the world of 1999 based elf lords and pissants. go forth into norrath and slay donkeys and eat dog shit.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:09 PM
Large Rat

Tempest stole my milk money.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:47 PM
Fire Giant

What kind of North Korea style leadership doesn't allow you to say goodbye to your friends? Congrats on leaving the cult, hopefully others follow suit.
Old 01-06-2019, 11:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What kind of North Korea style leadership doesn't allow you to say goodbye to your friends? Congrats on leaving the cult, hopefully others follow suit.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

♦♦ Nikkanu (60 Dark Elf Cleric) ♦♦
♦♦ Psychoactive (60 Ogre Shaman) ♦♦
♦♦ Recycling (60 Iksar Necromancer) ♦♦
♦♦ Silentblade (60 Dwarf Rogue) ♦♦
♦♦ Yourack (60 Human Monk) ♦♦
♦♦ Bargains (EC Mule) ♦♦
Old 01-07-2019, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

To those still in Tempest, if you're not happy.. why not splinter off and make a better version of the guild?

It's been done in the past, just look at BDA and the breakaway guilds that formed due to the poor leadership/similar cult management.