Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:02 AM
Aviak

6k in 8 hours requires luck even at level 60. At level 41, I would say it's impossible. Definitely easier / faster to farm a GGR than grind plat to buy one at 41.

The first time I camped GGR (at the double spawn) it took 12 hours. Second time it took 4 hours. Third time it took 7 hours. All about luck.

With that said, you may be able to hold down the Ancient Cyclops camp in OOT soon. That's a decent cash spot. Although, it could take just as long to get the ancient ring as it does to get a GGR, if not longer.

Once you're in the 50's you can make amazing money - and exp - killing Felwithe guards. I did level 51-56 there on my Necro and made over 30,000p.
Last edited by Vapos; 01-21-2019 at 01:06 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 01:11 AM
Planar Protector

The only 6k in 8 hours I can think of would be camping Ancient cyclops and selling the jboots MQ. But soloing it at 41 would be pretty iffy.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:13 AM
Planar Protector

Yea at 41 you are pretty limited. You could camp https://wiki.project1999.com/Bracer_of_the_Hidden but its just as big of a (if not bigger) kick in the nut sack as the ring is.

But you could also chance upon a few other nice items such as NO DROP https://wiki.project1999.com/Sarnak_Earring_of_Station or https://wiki.project1999.com/Jade_Chokidai_Prod for your Howling Stones key. These items all drop in the Sarnak Fort but are a pain in the ass because the drop% is super low and you need specific mob types. And its easy to get over run as a caster, much easier camp for a melee twink.

Jboots MQ isnt a bad idea but at 41 you would probably die, and its still camped pretty much 24/7 from what I can tell, and the price on it seems to be falling. If I remember correctly my necro was having a tough time there even at 48 and my monk was getting stomped on even in early 50s (completely untwinked, first char on P99)

I would just keep leveling and not really worry about it until you are in your mid 50s where you can make cash a lot easier from Sebelis and what not. Hell, even all the garbage Kunark crap in KC vendors for 500pp per drop. Your ability to make money 50+ is not even comparable to sub 50.

At some point in your jouney to 60 you will get your first "big ticket" item and it will basically cure your money woes. Mine was a T Staff, then some Fungi's, then I made a sh!t load of money at Brood Mother in Velks from gem drops (The BP gems were selling for like 9k a piece for awhile, I capitalized). Also cashed in on Elder Beads when they 150k, no regerts as it helped me fuel basically all my desires that were drop-able loot. As you keep playing you'll start hitting jack pots here and there until you are a regular Boutik.

Heres a tip/warning, P99 gets pretty boring at 60, enjoy the ride
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 01-21-2019 at 02:29 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 07:49 AM
Sarnak

Never played an enchanter so I’m curious why is GGR essential for your class?
Old 01-21-2019, 09:05 AM
Sarnak

Misty thicket wall guards drop weapons to sell for like 10p per or something around that, if you don't mind ruining your faction, just have to watch out for that pesky wandering druid, but it's pretty safe otherwise, if you stay on one side of the road or the other, i think it's mid to late 30s area so it might even still give you EXP

Friendly (Traitorous) halfling newbies could sell for you if you're lucky! (dont forget to tip them for betraying their morality)

It's pretty easy, no casters other than the druid who will murder you.

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 01-21-2019, 09:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's an enormous convenience feature because it lets a chanter break a charm on a pet with an instant click that doesn't require swapping spells around or mana cost.

To the OP: I think everyone else covered it pretty well. Making significant amounts of plat in short amounts of time before 50+ is pretty much luck. The GGR IS amazing, but it isn't totally necessary. If I were you, I'd just worry about a spot you can get decent XP while also making some plat, not do something like jboots camp that is probably more plat but much less xp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heres a tip/warning, P99 gets pretty boring at 60, enjoy the ride
That's a matter of opinion, for sure.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-21-2019 at 09:25 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 09:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlpstrtkng [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's not essential, but does make charming easier because of an instant charm break, similar to CoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friendly (Traitorous) halfling newbies could sell for you if you're lucky! (dont forget to tip them for betraying their morality)
If illusion and faction spell aren't enough, you can also just create a halfling and drop transfer bags of weapons to them. That way you're not eating into your profits by tipping hairy feet. Then just ask one of the million druids who go to RV to do a transfer for you when you need the plat.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

I tried the camp that one day since I have an enchanter I'm trying to get it for and everyone said bards have an easy time setting it up. Still didnt get a ring after 20 hours so im done with that. Wish I spent the time porting on my DAP wiz instead, where I can chitchat with people and not go insane.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If illusion and faction spell aren't enough, you can also just create a halfling and drop transfer bags of weapons to them. That way you're not eating into your profits by tipping hairy feet. Then just ask one of the million druids who go to RV to do a transfer for you when you need the plat.
Giving some new halfling an evil quest for a generous reward is half the fun! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Amualia - Level 59 Dark-Elf Cleric
Maruki - Level 23 Iksar BONEKNIGHT
Lorelai - Level 54 High-Elf Enchanter
Old 01-21-2019, 10:41 AM
Skeleton

I'm not too familiar, so I may be wrong, but doesn't air elemental illusion give you an instant invis ability? Or is it just Levitate?
Closed Thread