Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements > Polls

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the No Boxing Rule?
I think its important to this server's health, and should stay. 220 74.58%
I think it should be removed. 58 19.66%
It wouldn't affect me either way. 17 5.76%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 10:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alprazolam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As for playing for your brother for a min, I can't see that being a problem.
According to the GMs, it is a problem. They said in no uncertain terms (in the private petition forum) to me that one player one account, no accepts, no excuses. Playing another account other than your own for even a minute is a bannable offense.

My question was in regards to logging on my friends character to give him gear i had for him, the answer was absolutely not.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM
Sarnak

Ahh but there is no rule against say logging in your friends character. All he is doing is playing his brothers character while his brother plays his (and decides to go afk).
Old 02-09-2010, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

As has been said, boxing was only considered because there was a worry the population wouldn't be big enough to enable grouping. It was generally assumed if the population was extremely low, Nilbog would implement boxing as a way for people to still enjoy the server without being able to find a group. He took a big risk launching the server with the no-boxing rule, and it paid off in spades. Now with an active population nearing 500, a number which I never thought possible in beta or even the first few weeks after launch, there is absolutely no need for boxing.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Kobold

Well I voted for the removal of the boxing restriction. I really like boxing. It's discouraging to be a SK and unable to solo good camps like mages and other casters.

However I'm not whining about it. I'm still having a blast.

Asmoth (sloth reborn)
17 Human Shadowknight <Inglorious Basterds>

Krysanth Firemedic P99 Red
Rogue
Old 02-09-2010, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Trimm

It's even more discouraging being a rogue and not being able to solo *anything*, but I knew that before I made my character and don't regret a thing. This server is doing just fine without boxing.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog View Post
Cats on the moon not happening on my watch.
Old 02-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Kobold

I propose that the Devs release a list of all characters/accounts granted an IP exemption. This would be for transparency's sake ya know.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by drplump [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh but there is no rule against say logging in your friends character. All he is doing is playing his brothers character while his brother plays his (and decides to go afk).
That's not what I was told.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:08 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camerous [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think 2 accounts would be fine. No more than that but 2 wouldn't adversely affect anything imo.
I enjoyed 2-boxing in EQLive and wish it were allowed. I agree with the sentiment that 2 accounts only should be the limit. I suspect some of the IP exempted accounts are being used for it, at least partially.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:15 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I used to box all the time using other peoples toons and eventually my own second account. I would two box to add a 7th to a group for whatever - dps / healing. If i was lvling up I would have the same approach, if I couldn't get a group I would go to a camp w/both chars, and camp the bot once the group was full.

I guess I did this for the fun factor of playing two characters and because of timezone issues... try playing 1 character on one VZ or SZ during aussie times, not a soul was about.

I was dissapointed to discover the no boxing rule and I hope it gets lifted.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Kobold

It's unanimous and I doubt our opinions matter when there are a good 150 votes over. The only thing that likely matters to the staff is the poll number and opposing at this point is useless considering they'd lose less if the 2boxing supporters quit for that reason. If I were you guys (supporters of 2boxing), I'd try to argue at the angle of increasing full group xp. I support 2 boxing but I know when I've lost. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Packet; 02-10-2010 at 01:02 PM..
Closed Thread