Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution seems pretty easy to me, alternate weeks of rotation and FFA racing. Everybody wins, although the poopsockers will get less loot on average than before. But what's pixels? It's all about the challenge, right?
This does seem the most logical. Rotated / FFA / Rotated / FFA. Hardcore = a lot more pixels than the casual scrubs, but admittedly less than now. Maybe FFA dragons drop another item or two to balance it back out. Could be great fun for every playstyle.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There are simply far too many players for the amount of raid content.
Mobs up and waiting to take your FTE on red server. Call now.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Solution seems pretty easy to me, alternate weeks of rotation and FFA racing. Everybody wins, although the poopsockers will get less loot on average than before. But what's pixels? It's all about the challenge, right?
Someone send idea on a gift tag and send it on a gift basket to Rogean. Make it so.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

with the raid forces I have seen on display this weekend its crazy that there are not more guilds willing to pick prime time portions of windows and try to lock into some juicy targets.

Most alliances are rolling around with over 120+ people and that's more than enough to make the content trivial - do we really need the content to also be rotated/uncontested?

Seems overkill. If they bring back R/C/FFA - I dont see how that would work with so many entities showing capable of the top tier zone ( ToV ) so most guilds would be in Class C by nature. A Rotated/FFA cycle would have to include A/A in the rotation and I doubt that would make the casuals happy since A/A would gobble their allotted mobs and want timers on these uncontested pops.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with the raid forces I have seen on display this weekend its crazy that there are not more guilds willing to pick prime time portions of windows and try to lock into some juicy targets.

Most alliances are rolling around with over 120+ people and that's more than enough to make the content trivial - do we really need the content to also be rotated/uncontested?

Seems overkill. If they bring back R/C/FFA - I dont see how that would work with so many entities showing capable of the top tier zone ( ToV ) so most guilds would be in Class C by nature. A Rotated/FFA cycle would have to include A/A in the rotation and I doubt that would make the casuals happy since A/A would gobble their allotted mobs and want timers on these uncontested pops.
Aftermath/FFA/Awakened/Casual split with no A/A everyone wins, minus ego
Old 01-09-2017, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Grow a pair and come play classic contested EQ. Problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Grow a pair and come play classic contested EQ. Problem solved. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you can do that on your rotated FFA week. you can still claim king of the hill then.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:44 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedXIII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
By "grow a pair" you mean "stare at a door for 'x' amount of time" (I'll concede most players aren't sitting there more than 3-4 hours at a time, but it's still an insane practice), and by "classic contested EQ" you mean "not remotely classic contested EQ" right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonmoer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes because no one dies under capitalism [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My comment was tongue in cheek.
But if you want to make it a competition between the 2 systems , one is a standout winner on bodycount.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallanor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
and by "classic contested EQ" you mean "not remotely classic contested EQ" right? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically he means if you want something, those who want it most will do what needs to happen to secure it. Thats EQ. This weekend has proven that all raiding guilds, no matter the size or aspirations, will make time to have a crack at raid pixels. This seems pretty obvious to point out but when you see the amount of people showing up to these guaranteed pinatas you wonder if its about the experience of taking down raid bosses with friends or simply having a crack at gear upgrades that are few and far between. Probably somewhere in the middle for most Id wager.

Wall staring doesnt have to be the way raiders win these mobs ( though Everquest will always involve some form of socking as per Raev ). Variance @ 16 hours is the only thing that puts an imaginary glass ceiling between the hardcores and casuals. Change that variance to 2-4 hours and allow more guilds to contest.

Lets play Everquest again !
Last edited by Erati; 01-09-2017 at 02:01 PM..
Closed Thread