Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2017, 01:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
with the raid forces I have seen on display this weekend its crazy that there are not more guilds willing to pick prime time portions of windows and try to lock into some juicy targets.

Most alliances are rolling around with over 120+ people and that's more than enough to make the content trivial - do we really need the content to also be rotated/uncontested?
This weekend has done a lot to show just how disconnected a/a is from the rest of us. Do you realize that outside of a/a very few people have seen all of these mobs? I dont think you do.

You're seeing these 120+ zerg forces because the content has been monopolized since launch by a handful of players so there's a backed up demand, plus players not in a/a flat out arent as prepared for these encounters. Dont have the gear or the experience. The more the merrier imo as long as the server isnt crashing.

Nobody wants to race for anything. Its awful. How anyone can consider that to be an acceptable final solution to a problem is beyond my comprehension. You want me to stand, looking at a wall, spamming a pet macro, for 3-4 hours, against 10 other people? You think a brand new guild is going to provide a dozen people, working in shifts, to race against you for two months until they learn how to compete?** There is no reward high enough for FTE getters to pay them back for the work they are doing.

**Even if we learn to compete history shows it wont be fair. look back at the past year's raid suspensions. We're competing against people who get suspended several times a year for cheating.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Basically he means if you want something, those who want it most will do what needs to happen to secure it.

Back to square one we go.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:14 PM
Sarnak

Why cant everyone just make the obvious decision here?

Everyone wants to raid and wants cracks at mobs. The only way this will happen is a 2 day re spawn with some kind of lockout for a re spawn or two. 5-10 hour windows depending on mob class (yes I just made mob class up). At this rate re spawns will likely happen with certain mobs still up. With this plentiful of a bounty there shouldn't be too much bitching.

Lets end the bitch fest, unite, and make this shit happen. Everyone wants to raid. So, lets get everyone raiding.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:17 PM
Sarnak

Or such as Eratanis idea of greatly shortening the variance. I also believe that a 2-4 hour variance is a resolution with a 3.5 day respawn (for different time zones) and a one round lockout per mob.

Edit*

We can then call this shit fixed and move on to a more fun and challenging game.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:23 PM
Fire Giant

Glad to see what seems like a full 1/3 of the population online last night was having a blast in the p99 raiding scene instead of 50 people out of 1000.

Grats to the casuals. As an innocent by stander, I hope this leads to an actual change on the server instead of a day that is looked back on as what p99 "could have been"
Old 01-09-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Just turn every raid mob into a camp with a PH with a spawn time of 2 hours and a pop chance of 1/84. Require a presence at the spawn to claim the camp like any other camp. It'd be more in the spirit of classic EQ than anything at present.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:31 PM
Fire Giant

For once I think I would agree that the 16 hour variance is the problem here. I think that is the reason why the alliances largely exist in the first place because nobody wants to commit to such crazy hours of tracking. Even if they are not all spawning at the same time, 3-4 hours is still much more manageable than 16. I actually don't remember how this 16 hour spawn timer started and I have been on the server for some time.
Valkommen Farval - 57 Epic Human Preserver
Eddey Lizzard - 53 Iksar Champion
Wiliamm Wallace - 49 Epic Barbarian Rogue
Shaman Epic Faction Service
<Europa>
Old 01-09-2017, 02:45 PM
Sarnak

Consider yourself lucky. 16 hour variance is a blessing!

I think a combination of reduced variance (~8hrs) and more repops (1, maybe 2?) A month would help a lot of the frustration the lesser guilds feel. These changes shouldnt negatively impact the higher tier amd ensure more mobs in general.

Regardless of who is "better" youre delusional if you think the raid scene is working well. Remove nonclassic variance(or shorten it) and add classic repops and youll see a happier raid scene and an increase in population.

Or just keep doing nothing, whichever [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

scheduled raiding!

each guild submits a schedule for the targets they want, and then a staff member comes by and pops the mob at the scheduled time, prepares tea, and hands out biscuits while providing gentle reassurances that everything will be OK
Old 01-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanuven [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create another blue server for the casuals who want to let someone tell them what they can and can't kill. They can create the class system all over again and have fun with that.
If this was done, wouldn't the new server be for the neckbeards? If yesterday showed anything it's that the neckbeards are a very small minority of the would be raiding population.
Closed Thread