Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default Tower of Frozen Shadow, Level 1 Keyholder Pet Bugged

The level 1 key holder for Tower of Frozen Shadow, a Large Undead Gnoll, spawns randomly after other mobs in that zone die (on level 1). He appears correctly, but his pet appears in a sort of quantum state, both at the zone entrance, but also kind of with the gnoll.

For instance, let's say you turn right after zoning in, and kill shadow beasts until the boss spawns (over there, on the right). You gate, because if you're XPing off the beasts, the gnoll is red to you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Now you zone back in: the gnoll pet (but not the gnoll) is sitting there waiting for you at the entrance. Or at least he seems to be, but you can't cast on him. Then let's say you go engage the gnoll (with a higher level toon you log in for the purpose). The gnoll is targetable/visible (again, over to the right), and so is the pet ... but while you can cast on the gnoll, you can't cast on the pet (you get a "can't see" or "out of range" error or something). The pet can chew on you though.

If you kill a bunch (in theory anywhere on level 1, but I was doing the two rooms to the right of the zone-in) until the gnoll spawns, and then leave and come back, you should see the problem clearly.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-15-2019 at 09:04 PM..
Old 10-15-2019, 09:33 PM
Planar Protector

I saw this and felt it was classic behavior. Something similar happens at the Sebilis zone-in (undead pets from probably PLA). I don't have any data to back up my feels.

Amax MNK / Amalgamax ROG / maximum
Begging (227)

EQ Map Archive (1,000+ images)
P99 WikiEQ Patch Chronology
Old 10-18-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

ghostpets happen everywhere, don't think it has anything to do with that particular mob