Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

P99 green UN is about the same as the IRL UN. It exists only in theory. Never works as originally intended, Member nations can't keep their shit together, or whose presence is a sheer joke (China on the UN human rights council, or ST/DMO in the P99 UN)

They never actually solve problems, the UN in both cases is merely a venue for members to talk about their problems, then collect international funding and laugh all the way to the bank.

These types of organizations are just political mexican standoffs, the day that members do not require assistance or cooperation with other members, boom they are gone. they're gonna stay in the UN only in name, thats how they get inside info on other guilds/nations. yeah, ST or someone is stealing your guild/spawns info and tech secrets.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Banned

consider blue
Old 07-20-2020, 03:17 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EqGamer1724 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have some questions and I hope the community can help!

It is my understanding the UN was created to share content and turn a non TLP server into a modified TLP server. Planar trash, King Tranix and Phinny all now have their scheduled raid slots. You and your guild show up at 7pm est on a Tuesday evening and there he is King Tranix himself patiently waiting to be killed by a guild of 45 in less than 2.7 seconds. Just how the original developers drew it up, I imagine.

Then The Federation was created to share 7 day targets. The Federation which compromises of <Kingdom>, <Black Lotus>, <Venerate>, <Castle>, <Aussie Crew>, and <Reconstructed> all gather up ~150 people, kill a 7 day target and /random on the loot.

So the The Federation is a UN within the UN, if that makes sense?

So my questions are:

1) Were we really this soft in 1999? Was most of the content on a scheduled rotation and will it be the same in Kunark and Velious?

2) What would happen if <Seal Team> left the UN and locked everything down? What would happen if your guild isn’t able to run a Tranix Crown through its DKP system?

3) I’ve never seen a top server guild share so much content. When ST kills Phinny on an earthquake why does the rest of the UN start curing? Were we really this soft in 1999?

4) Do you think the original developers intended end game content to be competitive or shared in a modified TLP format?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Personally, I think the ramifications of what the raid scene became in EQ in 1999 and early 2000 was something the game developers could never have foreseen or planned for in the way it eventually played out. The GMs as a whole were always playing catch up at least until Luclin era with the tactics thousands of people would employ and discover as content unfolded.
All that said: I like Healthy competition. I also like DPS races over FTE. One thing i did thoroughly enjoy about my 2 stints on TLPS before i came to p99 the first time was racing for and winning raid targets based on the quality(and yes even sometimes quantity I.E numbers of raiders) of the chase and the victory. Shadiness, kill stealing, training, or other tactics all in the name of pixels is just..... Shady.
As long as p99 show runners have a presence to intervene if someone or a particular guild is legitimately sabotaging and/or choking all other challengers out of an even a shot at the big prizes and monopolizing content entirely, I would stay hands off to the GMs. See what happens. No one pays for this game. It's 25 years old at this point if u consider the development. Not everyone gets the top tier loot. No amount of crying or forum posts or nanny nanny boo boo to the GMS will change that fact. Rogean has stated he didn't make this game P99 to babysit anyone. He made it to ENJOY classic EQ in(my personal opinion also FYI), the purest form of EQ still around.
If you want to win Open world raid targets: STEP YOUR GAME UP!!! Not an angry statement at all, but Id much rather win CT/InnY/Trak/ToV content and Dragons by the merit of the teamwork and cooperation of like minded people who love to dominate and coordinate to do so over a hand holding pixel petty pissing match. Any day of the week. That to me is true classic and YES not everyone will get loot. EQ endgame was never meant to be a game that rewarded zerg #s dominating nor a UN with political rhetoric that ends up with have and have-nots arguing over pixels instead of enjoying this awesome iteration the founders of p99 and Brad Mcquaid envisioned and have brought to fruition going strong this many years later.

They envisioned coordination, teamwork, winners and losers in the end game, and a struggle to be the best in the world of Norrath. Best because of the skills, devotion to winning, and strong teamwork it takes to do what ST does(only because they seem to get most the loot from what I've seen (since January anyway). Players who had grit, balls, and the level heads to pull off top content through teamwork and tactics SHOULD win. The only gray area I think that would need any further scrutiny is that zerg victories are cheaper than a hard fought "Brad McQuaid envisioned" challenge.
Sometimes numbers is what u need when things just aren't panning out, BUT, a raid with half the number of people required compared to the max # a zone will support is a much more memorable and enjoyable victory and worthy of praise in my eyes. Let smaller groups of individuals try content, win or lose. That is the spirit of teamwork and Brad's Penultimate vision in my mind. I know not everyone is a deviant asshole, though some people grow muscles and opinions and act like they are when they are online and not looking at the opposition in the actual IRL face every day.
If people started trying to adhere to "Do unto others as you'd have them do to/for you", I think a healthier, merit based raiding scene would emerge and simultaneously weed out undesirable characters from this Project. Just a fact of life in 2020 when referring to the ways of Men in general! I'm not singling any person or Guild out with this post. I'm pretty darn tired so if none of this makes any sense to anyone you can flame me to death, but I strongly feel there are more in this community who would back the essence of what I am attempting to convey here. For the betterment of all Elf lives Bring back the Thrill of the Hunt and the challenge of skillful end game completion to this near perfect reincarnation of my 1999 Love of Everquest!!! Elijaman/Wardru - Green Server. (Im gonna make a fly Sig like Cenbo eventually if I keep playing p99 LOL. Shout out Cen, I seent it)
Old 07-20-2020, 03:18 PM
Aviak

Sorry for crappy formatting im about to crash lol. Feel free to msg Elijaman/Wardru in game in the future if U wanna talk about my post or flame me no shame in my words or anything to hide. Peace for now p99 bros lol
Old 07-20-2020, 03:24 PM
Kobold

Get rid of the UN, get rid of GM intervention, legalize training, whoever does the most damage gets the loot, implant an RFID chip in everyones’s arm, and enable PvP with no level cap.

Think about it, won’t you?
Old 07-20-2020, 03:32 PM
Aviak

https://i.redd.it/onovxt0i81c51.jpg
Old 07-20-2020, 03:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Let me answer your questions with another question.

There are games that are clearly designed around skill based competition, where you cannot be super stoned or drunk or old to do well at. There are also games which were designed to hang out with your friends, clicking some buttons, getting drunk and high and chilling the fuck out while you murder frogloks.

Which of these do you think Everquest is?
Not the one you want it to be.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Large Bat

There is this narrative that the strongest guild on this server is overly benevolent in their willingness to share rotated content with the underling guilds. They “graciously” share the less desirable content of the game with “far lesser” players who, in the dominant narrative, would never have a chance otherwise. Who knows, maybe they’re right. Maybe they could simply hold down all raid content 24-7 and force other guilds to kill orcs in Oasis at level 50 endlessly.

Or, maybe, this narrative serves a purpose to guide the server in such a way that this dominance is never challenged. We all know what our experience has been when there is a challenge for any 7-day content the dominant guild doesn’t want to lose. If they don’t just steamroll it outright, there are endless fraps and endless petitions and endless lawyer quests. They are happy with competition – to a point - as long as it is perfectly executed according to their standards. Any moves upward or outward of the box they have created for the server is seen as an existential threat to their status quo.

But the question for guilds like ours is; why do we continue to perpetuate a system that grants a sense of legitimacy to the dominant guild’s motivations and true intentions? Why do we allow this narrative of benevolence and inferiority to continue unchallenged? We decided not to. As I stated elsewhere, we are more than happy to lose fairly. I'd rather lose on our terms than win on theirs. And we will work to become stronger, more competitive, and more connected in the process. We look forward to the challenge.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad that Seal Team is around. They are the only guild on the entire server that has morals and standards. You don't just hit level 46 and join Seal Team's raid group. It takes most people months to show that they are dedicated. Meanwhile every other guild on the server spam invites everyone over level 46 without having any clue who the person is or what they are capable of, and then they wonder why their guild sucks dick.

Can you imagine how terrible the raid scene would be if a guild like Black Lotus was at the top of the food chain?
You need to go somewhere with your nonsense. I am in Black Lotus and I promise I haven't wronged you, but your vagrant spewing of slander is offensive in general not even taking up for my guild in this 20+ year old pixel game. You are part of the problem big guy.
Old 07-20-2020, 03:43 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elijah850 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You need to go somewhere with your nonsense. I am in Black Lotus and I promise I haven't wronged you, but your vagrant spewing of slander is offensive in general not even taking up for my guild in this 20+ year old pixel game. You are part of the problem big guy.
Careful, Private First Class Stolen Valor might make more nonsensical posts.
Closed Thread