Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 09:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain why would a moon cat would be any worse than a jungle lizard??
Is this a serious question?

I could get on board with moon rabbits....
Old 04-13-2015, 09:53 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Explain why would a moon cat would be any worse than a jungle lizard??
Exactly. This is why it boggles my mind when people use the argument "because it's cats on the moon!!"

Iksars being "lizards from the swamp" is no different. It's still not classic. But they consider them being classic because in their mind classic/kunark/velious is classic, when it's not. Classic is level 50 and old world only.

Killing "aliens" on the moon is the same as killing "seals" on a frozen beach. I think graphics play a huge part in what is defined as classic.

I define classic by the gameplay, not by the looks.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Killing "aliens" on the moon is the same as killing "seals" on a frozen beach.
Pretty sure they're Otters.

And if you killed them you're a monster.

But I agree. Luclin wasn't perfect, but the AA system was such an incredible innovation because it allowed people with unpredictable time to increase the power of their character without having to be raid. AA's occupied this kind of weird space in my mind where I was max level, so I didn't NEED to level any more, but if I wanted to grind exp or camp something (unsuccessfully) I didn't feel like I was just wasting my time. AA's created in game rewards for playing the game in a way that previously had no reward but were often doing anyways (killing level appropriate monsters at max level). Loved it.
Last edited by maestrom; 04-13-2015 at 10:07 AM..
Old 04-13-2015, 10:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erydan Ouragan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In my opinion, instanced dungeons and raids is the cut-off point between "classic" and "modern" EQ or MMOs as a whole
The idea of this in eq makes me sad. They might as well throw in a dungeon finder and make death cost plat instead of xp.

Classic eq is so vibrant and immersive strictly due to social interaction and being a "hard mode" MMO.

My thing is, let's keep those qualities while poaching zone, race/class, and loot content from subsequent expansions. With elongated release timetables, of course.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_jon3s [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I myself had a lot of fun with luclin. But I see the devs hate it and am just wondering why?

Alternate abilities made it so alot of classes were useful and gave you a reason to keep playing your main even after you hit 60.

The bazaar made shoping a breeze just turn your mule into an npc while your away doing real life stuff.

KEI the greatest spell ever made.

New race and class.

Bunch of raid targets.

New leveling spots.

I understand that bane weapons and lucid shards were a pain in the ass. Also the raid targets had a bunch of hp.
Luclin was the greatest expansion Sony ever did for EQ in my opinion. But it is not up to use for the p99 guys to decide that. There has been talk of a 2nd p99 server that "could" go to Luclin and even PoP, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Especially with Velious just coming.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:13 AM
Fire Giant

Cuz haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate - T. Swift

/thread
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 04-13-2015, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

You know, I really enjoyed Eternal Sonata. While it was somewhat lacking in content it was still great fun. I particularly enjoyed the phases combat mechanics that evolved as the characters leveled and progressed brought content. The history lessons on Chopin and his work were masterfully interjected at cutscenes adding further depth to gameplay. Overall, I'd give it a solid 10/10 on entertainment value.

But as with Luclin and for the same (among other) reasons reiterated numerous times herein, it is not Classic Everquest, a simple and far from subtle distinction that our Lords Nilbog and Rogean thankfully understand.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:49 AM
Fire Giant

I think that this is the only thread that has 150+ posts and has actually (for the most part) stayed on topic.
Old 04-13-2015, 11:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtischoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think that this is the only thread that has 150+ posts and has actually (for the most part) stayed on topic.
More or less people arguing the same points that have been argued before. Passing opinions off as facts, etc...

I didn't think Luclin followed the classic theme of EQ, others here have argued it did. I don't think anyone is right or wrong.

If people are that fired up about wanting Luclin/PoP, there are other emu's that have those things. If they want the P99 feel they are just going to have to gut it out and live through what Rogean/Nilbog's vision of classic is.
Old 04-13-2015, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguejm11 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Luclin was the greatest expansion Sony ever did for EQ in my opinion. But it is not up to use for the p99 guys to decide that. There has been talk of a 2nd p99 server that "could" go to Luclin and even PoP, but I don't see that happening any time soon. Especially with Velious just coming.
Got prof? Never heard anyone official mention another p99 server moving into the forbidden territory of SoL/PoP.
Closed Thread