Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

I agree. Unless they want to provide proof of said "duping," they should be written off as trolls.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Fire Giant

Send a message via MSN to Jify

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonduper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As someone who duped heavily early on I regret it seeing as how fucked up the economy is now. I assume others have done it as well because it truely has gotten out of hand. I haven't duped in months but I still have a shitload of plat. I think the best way to deal with it is to wipe everyone's plat and start from scratch. It's the only way to fix it honestly.
Step 1: Create Anonymous account
Step 2: Create post to benefit your cause (ie: Everyone has more money than me)
Step 3: Prosper!

But seriously, duping might have been an issue, but it isn't a huge one that I'm aware off. I made all my platz legitly, and it is not hard... at all. The economy isn't fucking up because of duping, it's fucked up because of people like me that played waaaay to much.

I don't farm, I don't sell stuff for crazy prices (anyone that's bought from me knows stuff is usually dirt dirt cheap), I don't even really group that much. Just gave Karsten 7k to pay off some debt, and I think I still have over 15k kicking around in the bank. Nothing compared to some people. But active farmers should be ROLLING in the dough.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
Planar Protector

I would take anything posted on these forums by brand new accounts with a heaping tablespoon of salt... unless they are able to provide some sort of evidence.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:35 AM
Aviak

farmers do us a service by hoarding the platinum otherwise the bottom would fall out of the market.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Fire Giant

PEQ's economy is pretty inflated due to duping of items back when the economy was just starting to form, but it still runs surprisingly well.

The only item dupe ive heard of that still works on the emulator would take some know how to do, and is basically impossible for the average player to just stumble upon, not to mention pretty detectable. It only works on certain things too so it would only ruin the markets for specific items. To be honest I wouldnt worry too much about the p99 economy crashing overnight. It will probably be more inflated than you might expect it to be in the future, but it will still function just fine.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:37 AM
Banned

ban i m o
Old 06-18-2011, 12:22 PM
Kobold

dupe was a real problem here, but it got fixed so he's right about the fucked up economy, i knew a guy with 8 necropotence amulet, he got banned tho but he probly was the richest bastard on the server
Old 06-18-2011, 12:26 PM
Fire Giant

The economy on here is almost 100% identical to the prices on classic Tarew Marr, seems like we were on an expensive server back in the day lol.
Kill Mulder, we take the risk of turning one man's quest into a crusade.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaaflow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guards in various places, Oggok being my personal favorite.
I'm shooting myself in the foot here giving away a seemingly little-known honeyhole, but since I dinged 54 they're all light blue and not really worth it so much:
The front 8 guards in Grobb are pretty decent cash. They drop a 'Long Sword' and a large round shield every time, most drop Intestine Necklaces, and a little coin, from 5gp, to 2pp usually.

The Sword sells for just shy of 12pp,
The Shield vendors 1p 7gp
The necklace sells for just over 1pp.

All in all I'm getting about 15p per kill, 8 or 9 guards on a 16 (IIRC) minute timer.

If you're an enc (obv~) or necro, the vendors are apprehensive while in Lichform so I can make a round, sell my loot and then buy and resell gems and certain other items to change gold/silver/copper into plat when you get heavy.
The last time I was there I made 1500p in about 3.5 hours.

There's better out there, but it beats fighting for Seafuries.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Aviak

Transatlantic Rampage used the following duping trick to gear up their new recruits and get to the top fast. This trick ONLY works work charm classes (Necro, Druid, Enc, Bard).

1. You must be BOUND in PERMAFROST.
2. I've only tried this in West Freeport, but a friend told me it now works in Field of Bone too.
3. Bank all of your no drop gear.
4. Wearing only droppable gear which you wish to loot (lore does not matter, just have someone else around to receive), charm a mob. You must have entered FoB or Freeport wearing only the items you wish to dupe.
5. Give the charmed pet all of your droppable gear, including platinum.
6. Park your pet in a safe place.
7. Find your local guards and attack them. Die. Do NOT let your pet agro, chain /pet back off. I like to mez my pet before charm so he doesn't move.
8. Mark your clock, you must camp for exactly 24 hours to allow your new loot to grow.
9. Run (no ports allowed) back to the zone you attempted the dupe in and slaughter the zone until you find the mob with all your gear.
10. Congratulations! You've been duped.
Closed Thread