Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 09-28-2015, 12:27 AM
Large Rat

Default Boats And Shuttles Broken Since Last Patch

Kunark and old world boats are showing some strange behaviour when they dock either with land or with shuttles.

The boat approaches the dock normally, then does about a 135 degree about face when it stops. This means that the dock or shuttle suddenly appear on the wrong side (compared to previous to last patch) and it skews the boat at 45 degrees to the dock/shuttle.

The end to end spin is something we could just get used to but the 45 degree mismatch between the shuttles especially and the FV boat make it very difficult to board the boat. Every time I've tried I wound up in the water and had to swim to the bow, climb the sloped edge of the ship then magically warp through the hull.

The boats definitely did not do this prior to the last patch. My characters have and do spend a lot of time enjoying boat travel - now, not so much.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:12 PM
Project Manager

Does this happen with the boats every time now?
Old 09-29-2015, 07:49 AM
Orc

I'd say so, happening every time with the the boat in iceclad. As it approaches the dock on the snow island stops and makes a turn to dock, turns in such a way that its parallel to the dock but ends up in a different spot than it should be. The ramp to the boat does not connect with the dock so you cannot use it. The boat itself is halfway into the dock. So the way you need to get on is run and jump into the back corner of the boat and run through the back wall. No other way to board the boat at the moment it looks like.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:01 PM
Large Rat

Yes, I'd say it's 100% consistent in the way it's currently bugged. I have tested the boats between FV/BB, BB/FP and Qey/Eru several times in separate play sessions, rebooted client between play, etc...

I just boarded the barge in NRo for Iceclad and it's at 45 degrees to the dock and does the spin when it docks/undocks. In Iceclad when it gets to the first island, of course there's no dock, but as you approach the island the barge does a 180% spin so if you were facing shore as it approached, you're suddenly facing out to sea. If you stay sitting, as it departs, you're facing shore again.

Getting on board Icebreaker from the transfer island was no problem for me. IceBreaker appeared to be docked as I remembered it, but this was my first trip to Velious in over a decade.

Arriving at the ice island, the island is on your right until the boat stops, then it does a very bad about-turn leaving the boat at a hopeless angle for boarding as Haloren noted above.

To be safe, I've started using levitate to reduce the chances of falling into the water during shuttle/ship transfers.
Last edited by Arexis; 09-29-2015 at 02:20 PM..
Old 09-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Project Manager

Verified the issues. Haynar is working on, or already has a fix planned.