Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:24 PM
Planar Protector

If I were a GM, I would tag the person and follow them around (or not around) while they are online and see if they are AFK levelling, then port them to CShome in front of a big sign that says - "If you don't want to play the game the right way, then don't play at all"

it's like you make the atomic bomb (server) and you don't want to let other countries (guilds) have nuclear secrets (under the radar information). it's gm's business and no one else's or else everyone gets nuked. letting Iran or North Korea beta test and keep the successful nukes, makes other countries uncomfortable.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:30 PM
Sarnak

I thought afk leveling was legit? as per dev's, as it was "classic"

figure your shit out
Old 02-17-2010, 11:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

...and like I've said a billion times...

Fish rolls being able to sell for more than their individual pieces were worth to a vendor was also "classic", by that reasoning we should bring back the fish rolls exploit.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:41 PM
Banned

Bunch of qq, find more clever ways to sploit, scrubs.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:45 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bannable offense? Yes/No?
wooly a douchebag? Yes/No?

Yes.
Old 02-17-2010, 11:56 PM
Sarnak

if you want to AFK level, go please the EZ mode server because you're already trying your hardest to do easy-mode on a non-easymode server...

and this IS NOT classic...this is an EMU server TRYING TO ACT like classic....rules will not be the same as in classic because... well shit if i have to explain that then you're beyond hope anyways....

the people who own and operate this server can make whatever damn rule they want, it is up to them to enforce it. I am for one would like to get a definate reply about it either against rules and thus making it bannable or not against rules, just frowned upon..that way we dont get stupid shits making post like this again
Old 02-18-2010, 03:39 AM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Q: How much Experience does my pet take when I do more than 50% of the damage to the mob?
A: If you do the majority of the damage when fighting with your pet it will not take any experience from the monster. This applies only to soling however, and will not impact upon grouped situations.

Q: How much Experience does my pet take when I do less than 50% of the damage to the mob?
A: If your pet does more than 50% of the damage required to kill the mob it will take half the experience of the mob. This applies only to soling however, and will not impact upon grouped situations.
LOL NERF BAT INCOMING
Old 02-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Project Manager

The rules weren't spelled out if a: you afk, b: you're banned because there have been times when people pass out drunk.. and their pets defend them. People afk, they return to discover they never went offline. Or.. any number of things. Both of these particular situations have happened to me.

I didn't want to enforce bans for something like this. I figured "frowned upon" would be enough for someone to assume they shouldn't do it, and not get banned for a mistake. So much for good will.

I never thought it would be brought to the forums, with screenshots, for nothing other than to be loud and ask for a clarified rule if they should be banned for something that is defined as "FROWNED UPON". First thing I did was look up at my Private Messages.. I see none. I look in the petition thread, I see no posts by you. If your only defense is a screenshot where the very first line reads "This is your final warning", that doesn't sound good for your case.

Players answer to guides, guides answer to GMs, and GMs answer to project administrators. From the evidence presented, it looks like you went out of your way to cause a scene.. for nothing other than to get another rule needlessly enforced. By not complying with the guide's wishes, you're a rebel, sir.

As there hasn't been HUGE fucking drama about this before, the only new rule I'll make tonight is:

Wooly, if you're caught in the rocks with a pet up and AFK again, you will banned for 7 days.

From non compliance with the staff, you brought these paragraphs upon yourself. In the future if someone feels a guide has wronged them, make a formal petition in the petition area of the forums. You will receive a fair hearing. GMs will defend guides, and I will defend GMs.. so, if there's a player VS. guide dispute, don't bring it to the public forums? It's none of these other people's business.

Sorry, I know you guys love the drama, but this was an unnecessary 8 pages of it. "Frowned upon." Give it one last chance. Think about it. We can work on making pets eat your exp or a variety of other nasty things, but why lose a safeguard you have. If you need to emergency afk, I'm sure you'll love coming back to find your pet killed a mob and you were banned.

Listen to the staff.

Complain upwards, not laterally.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:32 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Glad to see another exploit taken care of. ^_^
Old 02-18-2010, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

Not really sure, here. If someone wants to play the game only to have the number 50 read to the left of their name on /who, fine. Your loss, there's a whole danged in-game world out there.

Although I do admit I have been searching a while for the owners of those orphan mage pets at Travis Two Tone, so I could hand them some mummies or something.