Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 11:37 AM
Banned

Anything that Azzar is hard selling like this I am immediately skeptical of, however my roommate says this show is good. I have not sat down and watched a full episode yet myself. I have them recording on the DVR though. But I also still have 9 episodes of Fear of the Walking Dead that I need to catch up on while maintaining Gotham, The Strain, Raw/SmackDown, American Horror Story, The Exorcist, Southpark, and my many other shows that are starting soon.
Old 10-11-2016, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anything that Azzar is hard selling like this I am immediately skeptical of.
Unwoke post

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 10-12-2016, 04:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Flair [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First episode was mediocre. They need to step it up if they are spending GoT money. Elsewise id rather them just put it towards the last 2 seasons and make them truly epic.
Second episode was woke. Hopkins dunked on that dude so hard and he wasn't even trying, it was just tough love.

Pretty much any time he's on screen someone can get dunked on by a wokequake (similar to an intellectual earthquake)

Also the new characters they introduced are great. Love the juxtapose of the two friends, one thrill seeker, one is obviously just a nerd. Many people here can relate to that storyline, as we've been on at least one side of that arrangement before. It was thrilling to watch him go through the tests and temptations of the wild west.

Everyone is either the less cool, or less inclined pleasure seeker out of the 2 friends at some point in their lives. No 2 friends are ever completely on the same page.

I liked that dichotomy.

Old 10-12-2016, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

rofl Wokequake. That will be the name of my next mmo character.
Old 10-12-2016, 08:21 AM
Banned

Watched both episodes last night - I give the Wu'Tang seal of approval
Old 10-13-2016, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

I watched first episode before I read post. Azz Gj with well layed out posts...

I kept thinking of it as a "Programmer's Nightmare" show as i was watching it... like it was a sequel to the movie about the AI experiment and the dude gets out and is actor Tony in the future... (well that reads like crap but immuh leave it)

sidenote - Spyder spotted at WSOP...
Old 10-17-2016, 03:23 AM
Planar Protector

Thrilling episode. Show is fucking delivering on the adventure/thrills, was definitely edge-of-seat tonight. The whole robot thing doesn't matter, and that indicates some amazing producers, writers, and direction at work.

I'm impressed. This concept had the potential to be complete shit in the wrong hands.

And Anthony Hopkins character is in full bloom, development wise, after those scenes in Ep. 3. Just when we thought he could take a backseat. He's all of a sudden "hands-on" with what amounts to direct orders being given to the "doctor". Interesting angle being setup between creator, management, and the doctor at this point.

Luke Hemsworth is fleshed out at this point as the quintessential muscle.

I'd like to see more development on the manager chick at some point, hopefully the affair that the doctor is having with the manager isn't the only angle she's in. With writing this good so far, I doubt she's going to waste.

Old 10-17-2016, 05:49 AM
Kobold

I figured it would be a good show. Jonathan Nolan with an HBO budget and no network restrictions? Hell yeah.

This is the guy that tricked CBS into thinking they were getting a regular cop show with Person of Interest. Sure, a lot of the early episodes were self-contained bad-guy-of-the-week episodes, but he laid the seeds for what became a science-fiction show with a central arc of emerging sentient AIs and their conflict with each other, while touching on topics such as the debate between deontological vs. utilitarian codes of ethics and The Great Filter by way of Fermi's Paradox, among other things.

The cool part is, that Person of Interest never used the old trope of mentioning a scientific term, having a character say 'English please', and then explaining the term. He trusted that the audience was intelligent enough to figure things out, and didn't dumb things down for the audience. This has continued into Westworld.

(For those that watched a few early episodes of PoI and got bored, check out S02E21 and S02E22 - the final two episodes of Season 2 - where it becomes apparent to everyone in the main cast that Finch's Machine is actually alive.)

So yeah, Jonathan Nolan actually getting to tell the story he wants to tell with a higher budget can only be a good thing.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:02 AM
Planar Protector

Good post Borak. I wasn't familiar with Nolan specifically, but I'm very familiar with Person of Interest.

Latest episode continued to deliver. Wonder how ratings are?

Old 10-31-2016, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

ayyy woke again. show proven well worth the budget after the last 2 episodes.

Closed Thread