Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 04:37 AM
Planar Protector

Default Not My President - The Unity Question

So on facebook etc. there has been a lot of criticism such as "no wonder things move at such a glacial pace". I found that to be a profound observation. This is assuming that 50% of the people vote with their party and the other 50% do not. (many suspect the 50% split is a matter of national security and a bit of a hoax to keep people in the mix without disenfranchising the other sides ideas completely. It serves its purpose so we will take it as a fact for now.)

Conservatives predominantly consider the glacial pace to be a good thing. Most people I talk to (even Tea party/ Trump people) also value this "glacial pace" being referenced on social media outlets.

That aside,

Does the 2 state solution have some validity? What would America look like with a 2 state solution?

Is the cheech and chong politics a necessary part of a functioning republic? Not too far left, not too far right?

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 11-21-2016, 05:31 AM
Planar Protector

I don't think electoral reform is happening anytime soon in American politics given the marathon of enthuasism the process is given by the media. I don't know how any of you can stand what is usually a year or more of continual reporting on the same single event...and of course, it's not settled down yet! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-21-2016, 06:02 AM
Kobold

2 state solution wouldn't work for very long. I'm in favor of the 50 state solution. Disband the fed.gov kraken and replace it with an open borders, free trade, gold-backed monetary union.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think electoral reform is happening anytime soon in American politics given the marathon of enthuasism the process is given by the media. I don't know how any of you can stand what is usually a year or more of continual reporting on the same single event...and of course, it's not settled down yet! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one is that concerned with the electoral process, it's just a lot of loud moaning. As soon someone is successfully elected using the same process on the other side, this will all be a distant memory. The left and their media will, at that time, also rain an ungodly firestorm down upon the heads of anyone who might mention popular vote > electorate.

Bad guys always accuse you of what they are doing.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:57 AM
Planar Protector

Well low information voters are low information voters. So yeah, what little info they take in is just what they are getting in sound bites from MSM. I agree, that sux. But election coverage or not, they are still in the low info spectrum. And when I say info, 4chan and FB isn't on my list as "info".

I know for me, I've been on a very wide range of subjects. Just trying to piece a lot of different stuff together and make sense of some things.

Anyway, two state solution, wat? *pinches bridge of nose*
This is why I don't have a FB account [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I betcha a lot of those people have never even registered to vote before [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
...prolly don't even know how.
Old 11-21-2016, 07:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2 state solution wouldn't work for very long. I'm in favor of the 50 state solution. Disband the fed.gov kraken and replace it with an open borders, free trade, gold-backed monetary union.
Anarchy? Or is that globalism... no I think you said anarchy. I'm a Monarchist by the divine right of kings. But that doesn't work so I do what I do within a system that does work, the constitutional republic. I don't dislike anarchy, well not at least some level of it besides total anarchy, but it too doesn't seem to work either.

In this existing system, I do put value on the federal govt, but yes as AtG mentions, a much smaller limited one and closer to the form of the early union. Closer, not exact, but as with better understood rights and the same rights for all citizens. No more, no less. And simple.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Pluralistic ignorance from many in the establishment = lack of forward progression.
Hopefully the swamp will get cleaned out and we can start making laws that matter - instead of wasting every ones time, energy & money on who they should place on a ten dollar bill. (<= or insert other ridiculous wastes of time)
Old 11-21-2016, 12:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eadric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then two years later, Calexit
Old 11-21-2016, 12:44 PM
Fire Giant

Calexit would be the demise of California. Liberals need to look at Haiti and south Africa, because that's where they're headed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollin5k View Post
Here is the secret to success in EverQuest

Lower your expectations and increase your play time
Old 11-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angushjalmur [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Calexit would be the demise of California. Liberals need to look at Haiti and south Africa, because that's where they're headed
Texit, Nyexit, Tenissexit, Alabexit, Flexit, Colorexit, Nebrexit
Closed Thread