Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 08:44 PM
Aviak

Default Serious question : Duping

Unknown or Known

Are the staff aware or unaware?

Sorry, I am tired of seeing "real" auctions in the 10-15-20k range.

It makes me think of multiple reasons for this beyond simple economics, I've worked auction systems before in other games and have always been comfortable with the amount of gold/plat/silver/credits/coin I have on a main.

The means 1 of many things

a. People have way too much time on this server, obviously to farm up 10-15-20k for a single item. (Mana Stone, FBSS, Mith 2 Hander, etc)

b. Duping is happening somewhere, somehow and very very under the radar without staff being aware

c. Controlled economy on the server that I am simply not aware of?

Maybe it is a little bit of a. and c. and b. is just simply not possible, but maybe its because I work full time and when I only have 2.5k plat to my name and sinking many hours into it just for that amount, 2.5k plat at its current value isn't worth much in the market I am currently seeing and I am certainly putting forth the effort to earn this plat.

Please de-confirm my beliefs duping or something else shady is happening, are people really paying 15-20k for some items? I want to know the secret, I know many secrets on good plat per/hour spots but something just simply seems "wrong"
Old 02-09-2010, 09:05 PM
Fire Giant

My room mate plays like a pack rat and easily had thousands of plat not trying very hard. When you are a caster and don't care about being massively encumbered and go sell every chance you get, its pretty freaking easy to rack up a lot of money.

At first I was skeptical since as a tank I hardly ever went encumbered or left to go sell and was always broke (still am), but after seen my room mate whore it up hardcore I'm not anymore.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Sarnak

There are several spots solo classes can level from 34-50 and make >800pp per hour. The amount of money on the server is just the result of people taking advantage of the best money spots that not many knew about in classic.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Kobold

There are several known ways to dupe. Whether or not they are trackable by staff is unknown to me.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Developer

If you know ways to dupe, I would love the challenge in trying to patch the holes. So please feel free to PM me with any known dupes, so I can do what I can to help maintain the server integrity.

Haynar
Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 AM
Orc

Quote:
There are several spots solo classes can level from 34-50 and make >800pp per hour. The amount of money on the server is just the result of people taking advantage of the best money spots that not many knew about in classic.
Care to share?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Sarnak

Guards in various places, Oggok being my personal favorite. Hill giants for the kiting types. Some people swear by spectres, but I never seem to loot anything off of them except rusty scythes.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:43 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

You can't make money, obvious conclusion must be everyone is duping.

L O L
Old 02-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Kobold

Funny post.

Ever thought about camping a Manastone, and selling it for 30k?

Wow, you just made 30k, now others can call you a duper and you can buy whatever you want.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:30 AM
Sarnak

Spectres ("scythes" sell for 14 plat or so), hill giants, and sola fine steel hoarding are all absurd sources of plat.

There are no money sinks in this game, so plat just keeps adding and adding and adding.
Last edited by Dabamf; 02-10-2010 at 02:33 AM..
Closed Thread