Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-17-2018, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Default Do I need an expensive graphics card?

I just bought a slightly used desktop for the sole purpose of running project 99. Here are the specs:

HP compaq 6000 pro PC with windows 10 home installed
3 ghz intel core duo cpu
8 gb memory
64 bit operating system

I have had zero luck finding an internet download for EQ titanium so I have to buy the physical cd set off ebay (the wait is gonna kill me, LOL).

I remember EQ made me go out and buy an expensive ATI radeon graphics card in order to play it. Do I have to run out and buy an expensive graphics card to play project 99? Or do you think the onboard graphics for the above PC would be ok?
Old 02-27-2018, 09:49 AM
Skeleton

I would expect that your onboard graphics in that slightly used desktop are much more powerful than any Radeon card from back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimwise [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would expect that your onboard graphics in that slightly used desktop are much more powerful than any Radeon card from back in the day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This. I was (accidentally) using my onboard graphics card for awhile instead of my actual card, and I was still able to crank every single graphics setting up to maximum ... except shadows. It was still playable with shadows turned on, but it added noticeable lag.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:14 PM
Kobold

No, you don't need an expensive graphics card. Or any graphics card if you'd prefer. Your integrated chip should be ~4x as powerful as what was available in 2000.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

I hope you didn’t pay much for them. We literally have a google drive with the ISOs on them.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 02-27-2018, 06:03 PM
Sarnak

Yeah if you can cancel the ebay order for titanium I'd do it asap. I can give you several direct download links for titanium
Lyrri - 52 Wood Elf Bard <Vanquish>
Dainea - 50 Halfling Cleric <Vanquish>