Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Orc

Question Says i need to update my spell files, no matter how many times i update my spell file

i get to character select and it says that my spell file is out of date. but i downloaded and overwrote with the most up to date spell files. i just made this patch work on another cpu last night, but on this one its refusing to recognize that ive already updated them. how can i get the game to work?
Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Planar Protector

Are you closing the client completely after updating the patch files? Copying everything in the folder over too?

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
Fire Giant

Are you sure the computer is replacing the files instead of making copies and renaming it?

Seriously, every time I see a fucking thread like this OH MYGOD THEY HAD 14 PEOPLE ITS OUR MOB LOL OURS OURS OURS YESSS I just want to fucking deathtouch the entire guild and despawn the mob.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:01 PM
Orc

yeah, i did everything like i had no troubles doing any time before this. not really understanding why its not working. im gonna try restarting my computer, see if it helps
Old 04-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorgetrapper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you sure the computer is replacing the files instead of making copies and renaming it?
just made sure of that, with no success. still not recognizing that i have updated a million times. would it help if i re install my client?
Old 04-26-2011, 07:05 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Amelinda Send a message via Yahoo to Amelinda

Are you extracting from the zip file or copy & pasting? When I extract my computer flips me the bird :P so i copy & paste and overwrite that way.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:16 PM
Fire Giant

Yeah, for whatever reason just unzipping them into your folder doesn't overwrite the old ones.

Rename or delete the outdated spell files then unzip the new ones in. It'll work like a charm. Promise!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Orc

so i tried re-installing my client, and doing the above, making absolutely sure that the updated spell files were overwriting and going where they need to be. yet even still, it says my file is outdated and stops me at character select. starting to wonder if ill my p1999 days are over... T_T
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM
Fire Giant

Guess so. Sorry you to see you go. >.<

But I still say that if you go into your P99 folder and delete spells_us.txt & dbstr_us.txt and then copy Version9 in, it will work.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zereh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Guess so. Sorry you to see you go. >.<

But I still say that if you go into your P99 folder and delete spells_us.txt & dbstr_us.txt and then copy Version9 in, it will work.
did this and still got the same result. wondering if have a virus or something