Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poofph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
okay, I will put one on the forums also.. how do you do a guide petition in game? is that live help?
type /petition and then your message
Old 09-18-2018, 10:37 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
type /petition and then your message
yep did that, thank you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2018, 10:41 AM
Kobold

Please for the love of god, ask a level 60 next time. I'd put good money on a Tempest/Aftermath not ruining their reputation over a satchel of gubbins from a lowbie. You can also PM me even, I'm always willing to help. Sorry this happened [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-18-2018, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're screwed. The staff has said before (I think a guide even told me this in-game actually) that if you drop transfer and it never gets picked up that they can potentially recover the item by checking logs ... but if someone else picked it up then you effectively gave it to that person, and there's nothing they can do.

Think of it this way: you drop a fungi on the ground and a "stranger" picks it up ... a stranger who, for all the staff knows, is your IRL friend. If they re-imburse you, they just cloned a fungi for your friend. Obviously they can't be cloning fungis for people, so as a policy they only reimburse when the item was truly lost from the server.

If it makes you feel any better (and I doubt it does) myself and others here have lost more than 3k in items. Think of it as motivation to be super paranoid and find a really obscure place to transfer next time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-18-2018 at 10:57 AM..
Old 09-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Planar Protector

If you /petition they will name and shame* who picked them up (if anyone). Do note you lose ownership of the item once you place it on the ground so it will not be restored to you.

I learnt this the hard way after killing Grachnist the Destroyer and trying to drop transfer loot to an alt. Unlucky for Goatnapper the loot was an unrelated Sarnak Hide Mask, not a shrunken skill earring.

Now I am more established as a player I realise Sarnak Hide Masks are ten-a-penny and I totally wasted poor Braknar's time.

Shame on me, really.

*only name, not shame
Old 09-18-2018, 10:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, but I'm pretty sure you're screwed. The staff has said before that if you drop transfer and it never gets picked up that they can potentially recover the item by checking logs ... but if someone else picked it up then you effectively gave it to that person, and there's nothing they can do.

Think of it this way: you drop a fungi on the ground and a "stranger" picks it up ... a stranger who, for all the staff knows, is your IRL friend. If they re-imburse you, they just cloned a fungi for your friend.

If it makes you feel any better (and I doubt it does) myself and others here have lost more than 3k in items. Think of it as motivation to be super paranoid and find a really obscure place to transfer next time.
Yeah figured even if they do see he took them here is not much they can or will do about it.. bummer.. ohh well, lesson learned :/
Old 09-18-2018, 11:23 AM
Server GM

Please read the sticky on the petitions / exploits section, clearly states reimbursements are handled there, not in game.

If you want a chance of getting your items back, post there. As long as someone didn't pick up your item(s) a return should be possible. If anything, we can confirm who picked the item(s) up.

It's usually better to find someone in a prominent guild to help you transfer.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:29 AM
Kobold

Yeah Loramin is right. If the item actually poofed or was destroyed, you can get it back. If the item re-enters the economy, not a chance.

I know this because one time in Guk, I let my rl friend use a fungi. When he tried to give it back, he traded it to a random group member. The guy immediately stood up and gated. Goodby fungi haha. GMs said nothing could be done for above reasons.

Some people just enjoy being assholes. But whatever, I got lots of fungis. In time you’ll have many gauntlets.
Old 09-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey, I have an extra pair of these floating around somewhere you can have.

Find me on some character that starts with "Fran" and is Core tagged or PM me here.

Wow thank you, I'll pay you for them though, thank you!
Old 09-18-2018, 11:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myke [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I let my rl friend use a fungi. When he tried to give it back, he traded it to a random group member.
How to lose a friend in one easy step
Closed Thread