Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 06:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I swear I'm talking to myself in ooc/shout no matter what zone I'm leveling in. It's like the server is just completely full of mindless zombies playing without speaking or interacting.

I know I'm generalizing... but man, it's so hard to get people to engage in conversation. Unless you're in Highkeep of course and it's someone bitching about camps or something.

Ok done with my complaint. Discuss.
This is the age of voice servers, most people playing are either on discord/ventrilo or teamspeak/mumble/etc. If you don't have a guild voice server try out the public one for this server.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 04-09-2019, 06:23 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I do when I'm bored and want to chat:

/ooc OUCH MY TOES!!

Just at a random time. People can't help but to ask what happened to your toes. What possibly happened to this guy's toes?? It's a mystery! No one knows! They have to ask.

Once you have them on the hook, ask em if they like beans.
I;m thinking about thos Beans
Old 04-09-2019, 06:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryda [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You speak? Like asking for a port? Or "CC"?

Speaking isn't indicative of a conversation or any type of discussion. So the irony in your boring reply is kinda funny.
yeah but i read your original post bro.
i know what we're talking about.

the boring part was a joke,
but in all honesty, this is what i see very often, people trying to be witty or clever in /ooc and then complain nobody wants to engage with them.

when people are legit interesting, stuff happens.

am not saying i am lol, but many times when i am bored and try to get some actions in the ooc channel that works, was my point.

when i say i speak all the time in /ooc and your reply is semantics about the meaning of speak, that tells me that maybe you're no so fun to talk to.

but hey whatever works for you, you seem to have some personnal method going on!
Old 04-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagoya [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah but i read your original post bro.
i know what we're talking about.

the boring part was a joke,
but in all honesty, this is what i see very often, people trying to be witty or clever in /ooc and then complain nobody wants to engage with them.

when people are legit interesting, stuff happens.

am not saying i am lol, but many times when i am bored and try to get some actions in the ooc channel that works, was my point.

when i say i speak all the time in /ooc and your reply is semantics about the meaning of speak, that tells me that maybe you're no so fun to talk to.

but hey whatever works for you, you seem to have some personnal method going on!
What are you, 14 or something? Lmao. You literally responded trying to insult me for no reason. Now you cry about it being just a joke and blah blah same insult? You must be from Red. The angry semi-retarded person chiming in with dumbshit comments. Like of course people are only going to have deeper conversations about things they find interesting. Was that really your brilliant contribution? Smalltalk and general gameplay discussion don't necessarily follow that though. Like I said in a previous post, even asking general questions such as where the food vendor was would oftentimes not get a response.

Anyways, to the rest of thread. So I joined a guild last night and that chat made grinding a lot more interesting. Though too much of it slows your leveling down, lol. Leveling up solo without a guild can really get kind of lonely when all you have is public chat snoozefest. But hey, I finally got some people talking by throw out random GoT stuff. I have the guildchat now though so we should be good to go.
Last edited by Pryda; 04-09-2019 at 11:10 PM..
Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 AM
Planar Protector

My guess would be that youre on ignore the way you talk in here
Old 04-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
even asking general questions such as where the food vendor was would oftentimes not get a response.
The best way to do this if you have a question is to phrase it in a way that you're giving incorrect information. People are way more likely to want to correct a wrong answer than to answer a general open query.

For example, instead of asking: "Where is the food vendor in this zone?"

Instead say: "Golly gee, this zone sucks because it has no food vendor."

You'll instanly get five /oocs and three PMs telling you not only that there is a food vendor, but where you can find him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My guess would be that youre on ignore the way you talk in here
Also, this ^

Be nice. Especially to Nagoya.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People are way more likely to want to correct a wrong answer than to answer a general open query.

For example, instead of asking: "Where is the food vendor in this zone?"

Instead say: "Golly gee, this zone sucks because it has no food vendor."

You'll instanly get five /oocs and three PMs telling you not only that there is a food vendor, but where you can find him.
This is meta P99 shit right here
Old 04-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ennewi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This would have been a five-star thread if no one replied.
Qft
Old 04-10-2019, 07:54 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3r14k [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Be nice. Especially to Nagoya.
Hey thanks /o/

Glad you found a guild OP, maybe you can relax a bit now ^^
Old 04-10-2019, 08:09 PM
Sarnak

I was talking in Rampage guild chat earlier, but wasn't getting any responses. =/
Closed Thread