Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Orc

Back in classic, our guild had a couple of groups doing paw or something one night and as a Druid I was giving rides n things. I think I bound there so I could port out and go do something and come right back. Did that. Later that night I was just hanging out in paw buffing friends and dozed off. Died without having rebound and went into a loop. By morning lost 5-6 levels overnight felt like i was 42 and went back to 36.
Old 08-01-2019, 05:44 PM
Kobold

I saw someone caught in a death loop in FV yesterday. He was bound right next to the guards, his clothes corpse just down the dock. Weird he was a wood elf, he probably messed up his faction without realizing

I would have petitioned but I didn’t think of it at the time! I wonder if he’s still there?
Old 08-01-2019, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Beta, damn that's rough. On the plus side you get to experience leveling again [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Fire Giant

I death looped in the crypt in seb early kunark. Was less than ideal. 57-44 or so. Whoops
Old 08-01-2019, 09:08 PM
Planar Protector

Have you heard the tale of Tofat the Ogre?

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-01-2019, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

@Oleris No. Do tell.

@Solist sounds like someone got caught in the 365ban and is still in denial. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 08-01-2019, 09:47 PM
Banned

Yeah I came to post Tofat is a legend.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

I have epilepsy and one of the meds I was on made me super sleepy. Think I fell asleep at keyboard then went to bed without thinking to log. Playing red99 when xp loss was still a thing, someone (lulzsect?) camped my bindpoint and I went from like level 52 down to 46 or something. Think eventually a GM logged my char out lol.

silly ppl
Old 08-01-2019, 09:59 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbeta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in 2017 i death looped outside tov in WL for an entire night. went from full 60 to 1/3 into 55. When I logged on the next day there was only 1 rezzable corpse and my clothed corpse. The rest of the corpses were buried by GM's probably because they were causing enormous amounts of lag.

tl;dr 100% 60 to 33 % 55
Most people know my story but mine is very similar, a few months ago It was like the first quake after the rooted dragons change in ToV. My char is also bound outside and KoS to CoV. It was after a quake and pretty much everything had already been killed for the night including the dragons that still get pulled to zone line. I had to go for the night when my GF came over and I thought I /ex'd at the zone in, then immediately turned my screen off and walked away since she was waiting for me. Well after checking logs I fat-finger typod the /ex and typed /wx in my haste. From what I was told Aftermath tried to pull some mini's to zone in after all the bosses has been cleared and ended up training the entrance (just my luck). It deathlooped from max 60 all the way down to like 47 or some shit before a GM had gotten the petition and booted me out of game. Luckily some of the corpses still had rez timers but they were literally in the process of rotting exp timers as I was logging in. I promptly logged out and messaged in guild discord I needed a cleric to help me out ASAP.

What followed was the most epic 3 cleric chain rez triangle I have ever seen. They managed to get me back up to 55 before we ran out of corpses. I wager about a whole level of deaths expired during the rez chain. I petitioned to see if they could restore the lost exp but they don't do that anymore. I was really hoping they would since it was such a large amount of exp and not like I died once because of a lag spike or something.

To this day I'm still not back to 60. Not even back to 59 yet. This death loop really hurt because I really cannot play the amount of hours like I used to with my new assignment so I don't know how long it could be before I make it back to 60. On the brighter side I'm one of the best geared sub-59 rogues on the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2019, 10:21 PM
Planar Protector

I started a halfling on SZ once... I don't think I need to say more.

Those deathloops delevin from 60 sounds rough u guys... Bummer.
Closed Thread