Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Does anyone actually enjoy crawling for up to 2 hours at 2 am with 110+ people? Not a fan of whomever has the biggest zerg wins for these guard + dragon engages. Not sure what Rogean/Nilbog have planned or if it will stay the same, but it killed the enjoyment out of the non FTE pull engages.

Halloween 2015 event: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/23440971

PL service
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=313502
Old 08-21-2019, 10:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aftermath's top spin doctors in this thread earning DKP.

As an experiment, Riot should pull their punches and let AM think they're dominating full pixel cycles for 2-3 weeks, then re-visit this proposal to see how willing AM is to offer up mobs they're killing again up for rotation. We'll see real quick what the true agenda is here.

Then go back to kicking in AM's shit after it's clear they're offering up mobs they can't compete on to the rest of the server out of sheer benevolence and generosity.
There's only so many things you can buy with responder DKP. Eventually they're going to just leave for Guard Guard or Riot. Or hell, Kittens and Aegis will probably be getting more dragons than AM if this keeps up.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:55 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezzie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The mobs we've offered up are specifically the inner-ring dragons because those are the mobs Aftermath typically lose these days.

The other targets - city leaders, trips, twins, west, Doze etc. - can still be contested by Aftermath because these are quick kills.

A net positive for Aftermath. Exciting times.
I've corrected this for you.

The thing is, you could've suggested this a year ago when AM had the bigger Zerg. You're only suggesting this now because you're no longer the bigger Zerg and you're not winning 90% of raid content.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Kobold

I enjoy ToV dungeon crawling. Its better than standing at zone in every cycle, while your monks do the work, not experiencing the zone, and logging off until next cycle. That shits dumb
Old 08-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Sarnak

Genuinely concerned for some of these posters health once their guild dissolves into different games / servers and they come to the realization that spending 20+ hours a day heavily invested in an elf sim meant nothing.
Old 08-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Fire Giant

I'm extremely upset that one elf alliance got elf slippers of +15 wisdom and others did not
Old 08-21-2019, 11:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake81 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1 hour window.

Any guild wanting a shot at targets gets 1 hour to get in there and try. If you wipe then you get sniped by one of the other small guilds up to the 1 hour mark. You guys are going to have a load of pressure on you, 1 hour is not a lot but its an equality of opportunity but in no way, shape or form an equality of outcome.

1 hour is the max anyone can hold off these hungry wolves.

GM enforced:

AM nor Riot will have alts in the lower guilds just for the sake of getting pixels or having alt guilds/strike forces just for farm 1 hour windows. This is for the server.

This is my 2 bits, if they are only worth shit it can't be helped.
You do realize it'll take smaller casual guilds an hour just to mobilize and coth up to north, right?
Old 08-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Default copy pasta blandness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does anyone actually enjoy crawling for up to 2 hours at 2 am with 110+ people? Not a fan of whomever has the biggest zerg wins for these guard + dragon engages. Not sure what Rogean/Nilbog have planned or if it will stay the same, but it killed the enjoyment out of the non FTE pull engages.
I enjoyed playing my class with my guild, yes. Did all day crawls on the weekend a few times. I do not log in at 2AM as I would be getting back up at 4AM to go to work... Get Real.

110 people, cool. Lots of bantering in the unclassic comm programs. I was cool with a 15 member guild as well with no comm except in game in the single chat box. Now I can sit in my furry suit while verbally chatting with others about the trials and tribulations of being an elf.. in old english accent of course.

Not a fan of the zerg +guard engages? how would you do them if not for that? Would you train the mobs all over the zone or just pull the Dragon to zone in. If you can't train the mobs around or pull to zone how would a classic era guild engage this? Why did the original developers chose to fuck you over by making this zone like this, surely it was just their stupidity.

The pull engages, seriously you pull team guys have severe heartbreak and a hardon that never ends for something that was never done. You got off on doing something here on P99, it would have had the nerf hammer stuck in era but.. janky internet connections prevented the attempts. Plus trying to coordinate something complicated inbetween the guild/zone/battle chat box spam is tough... oh yeah Discord now, All Good Playah!
Old 08-21-2019, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by imsorryGMs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realize it'll take smaller casual guilds an hour just to mobilize and coth up to north, right?
That is their problem to figure out.
Closed Thread