Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-02-2019, 03:41 AM
Aviak

Default Player's bashes are not interrupting mob spells.

Per the recent patch notes: Haynar: Bash can now interrupt spells, even if the stun component does not land (Credit work by Torven/Mackal).
However my guild and several other guilds have noticed that even though bashes are landing on high level mobs, like giants and dragons, the bashes are not interrupting spells. The Mobs continue to cast despite many successful bashes.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbramlett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Per the recent patch notes: Haynar: Bash can now interrupt spells, even if the stun component does not land (Credit work by Torven/Mackal).
However my guild and several other guilds have noticed that even though bashes are landing on high level mobs, like giants and dragons, the bashes are not interrupting spells. The Mobs continue to cast despite many successful bashes.
As the mob level increases the chance for bash to interrupt lessens.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:35 PM
Aviak

I can understand the chance of interrupting spells being reduced on higher-level mobs, but the chance on some of these mobs is extremely low. I would say there is something like a 1% chance of interrupting a mob or less. the wording of the recent patch notes would suggest that the interruption chance would be a a lot higher than that. It almost seems like these mobs have an extremely high channeling Level.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:46 PM
Large Rat

Mobs with infinite mana pools are unkillable. The chance to stun is way to low and I don't think it works at all on some mobs.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:05 PM
Planar Protector

Had a mob with infinite mana ch like 4times before we ran out with like 3boards bashing and an additional 4-5kicking,not a single interrupted ch... If the goal was just to fix something not exact ok, if the goal was to add a new way to mitigate the loss of push interrupt then its not working at all... We'd need probably north of 30 bashers to have any reliable chance to stop ch with these change... If the goal was to make that bash can rarely interrupt stun immune mob then it's maybe working, if it was to provide a new raid mechanism then it's clearly bugged.
Old 10-02-2019, 09:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbramlett [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand the chance of interrupting spells being reduced on higher-level mobs, but the chance on some of these mobs is extremely low. I would say there is something like a 1% chance of interrupting a mob or less. the wording of the recent patch notes would suggest that the interruption chance would be a a lot higher than that. It almost seems like these mobs have an extremely high channeling Level.
Yeah at raid mob level I believe the chance is around 1-2% but I am too lazy to go back through Torven's logs. Mobs effectively no longer have channeling which completely invalidates push of any distance. Working as intended. This was not implemented as some fix for raiding but rather bringing the server towards conditions actually present in 1999-2001. All of this was based on classic era data so enjoy!
Last edited by Pringles; 10-02-2019 at 09:10 PM..
Old 10-03-2019, 04:19 AM
Aviak

I'm still very Skeptical of this. I would need someone official to confirm that if it's true. Like a GM or developer. However, if it is true, it makes the game almost unplayable. Atleast at raid level. I don't see how any guilds will be able deal with raid targets now. Except maybe just mass zerging with upwards of 100+ players or more. This would make smaller guilds unable to do anything tho. I could see the death for the server through this.
Old 10-03-2019, 04:56 AM
Planar Protector

Well presuming the mobs are not bugged and actually have Mana, you get your bards and chanters to mana drain them, and then they won't gate/ch.

Some mobs are bugged though looks like and don't have mana but still CH. It will be fixed.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:00 AM
Aviak

Yes. I suppose that could be a way to do it. Still I was really hoping the new patch would make paladins, SKS and warriors a lot more valuable now. Instead it just made us more useless. I kind of regret rolling a paladin now. We have no role to fill in a raid.
Old 10-03-2019, 05:49 AM
Planar Protector

The goal of the server isn't to make the game more X or better for Y, it's just to simulate classic EQ.

Hybrids had a rough time in Velious in classic, it was Verant's fault. Fixing that is out of the scope of P99.