Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: Scale AFK checks with position in line?
Yes - Health is important and it doesn't make sense in its current form 60 62.50%
No - I'm probably voting this because I already suffered and I'm spiteful 36 37.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2020, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They punishing anyone for stalling camps yet? I'd think part of the "automated gm at the camp" functionality should be 10mins to engage the mob or PH or you're off the list.

I've seen some snips of tells indicating they are in favor of you camping the mob for the person who can't kill it though. "Good job" / "thanks for doing that" instead of I just gave that clown a week in the tank. Farming someone else an item who isn't doing anything except looting it when you kill every PH and the mob for them for 15+ hours is no bueno.
1. If you don't engage/kill within 10 minutes of the PH/Mob spawning you are dropped from the list.
2. If you tell the group "I have to restart brb" and login to the account with a different IP address, you get dropped from the list.
3. The AFK checks is mostly fine except in the case of you are actively killing the PH and you have to type in an AFK code so you can hit the AFK button and timing everything so the PH don't kill you.

These things help level the playing field and improve my personal health thnx.

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 01-09-2020, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Time constraints just mean u must solo the camp cause itll incentivize people to not help cause time is ticking.

Lists were not set up to require solo ing (hello under powered melee)

Time limits make this more toxic, that is not the fix you are looking for.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Time constraints just mean u must solo the camp cause itll incentivize people to not help cause time is ticking.

Lists were not set up to require solo ing (hello under powered melee)

Time limits make this more toxic, that is not the fix you are looking for.
I cringe every time someone suggests this. It doesn't require tremendous critical thinking to see exploits so easily.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albane [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only thing list needs would require an entire rebuild. It needs to track the time at the camp. The player with the most time on the list, total, should be #1. So if i camp it for 4 hours and have to go, I should be able to come back and have my 4 hours still there.
I like this. I would add that participating in the PH kill would increase the "time at camp" value to help encourage cooperation.
Old 01-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

A dozen or so great ideas on how to improve /list have been suggested since launch but im afraid they will barely be listened to and certainly not implemented [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Posting in a not-classic thread
Old 01-10-2020, 03:45 PM
Orc

This change request makes no sense. Why should any lister have lower requirements than any other?
Old 01-11-2020, 12:11 AM
Sarnak

Saw some maniac in the tunnel with two manastones equipped.. made me sick and I've never even /listed for a legacy item, only read the horror stories.

I knew right away what sort of person I was looking at.
Old 01-11-2020, 12:37 AM
Sarnak

I doubt change of IP would work. Log into the same VPN server. I just logged in multiple times and got same IP. So that's out. Allowing a character 1 loot might be a good idea, but ofc, they are working together and can get xNecromageX to level faster than the timer in place. So...

The best way seems to make friends. Almost always the answer in this game.

I know, I know, friends have to share.
Closed Thread