Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2019, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
turns out if you tell people they deserve to eat shit all their life, some of them will hit you with a bike lock [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said anything about deserve? Decisions made result in outcomes, good or bad. Life isn’t Norrath: You can’t reroll. People must live with the consequences of their actions

If you and JD want to tax income after $10 mil per annum at 70%, go for it. Seems reasonable I guess. But if you want to use it to pay for food stamps for single moms, you’re only exacerbating the decline in our culture that is leading to government shutdowns, obesity, diabetes, and judge Kavanaugh (lowest IQ Supreme Court justice ive ever seen)
Old 01-13-2019, 10:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who said anything about deserve? Decisions made result in outcomes, good or bad. Life isn’t Norrath: You can’t reroll. People must live with the consequences of their actions

If you and JD want to tax income after $10 mil per annum at 70%, go for it. Seems reasonable I guess. But if you want to use it to pay for food stamps for single moms, you’re only exacerbating the decline in our culture that is leading to government shutdowns, obesity, diabetes, and judge Kavanaugh (lowest IQ Supreme Court justice ive ever seen)
^^ welfare will not make people better.
Old 01-13-2019, 10:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScaringChildren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jill stein's platform is well left of center, boiiii

As a verified Centrist I wonder, how do leftists plan to go about tuition-free universities?

Also, why do you hate nuclear power so much?
Tuition should be subsidized for science and tech degrees. Cost should be doubled for minority/women studies. 1.5x normal cost for humanities. If you take a cent in subsidizies, you’re required to matriculate at gunpoint or sent to man the Wall (once it’s constructed)
Old 01-13-2019, 11:17 AM
Planar Protector

“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”
Old 01-13-2019, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
“Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night’s Watch, for this night and all the nights to come.”
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-13-2019, 11:26 AM
Banned

https://news.sky.com/story/dna-pione...marks-11606108

you got to love you modern political fundamentalists just destroying your history because it's against your political religion just like ISIS
Old 01-13-2019, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-13-2019, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throndor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what i understand in speaking with people in countries where "free college" is a thing, students need to show of ability to benefit from collegiate studies (qualifying test and GPA requirements) plus if you dont continuously prove ability to benefit by maintaining a specific GPA throughout your degree, you can have your ability to continue revoked. Also, if you drop out, or are revoked there is no second chance. Im not particularly sure about details beyond that, but there may be some controls on WHAT you can study, based upon what the state currently deems as in demand.

When i was playing on the kael server, back in the day, the germans also mentioned taxes being around 45% and that was when the plethora of socialized programs were still relatively new (2002, or 2003)
Here's the thing that really helps free college:

Making higher education a feeder for corporate jobs. Small businesses too -- but ideally its the corporate sector which can afford higher paid more specialized workers.

That's kind of what's missing in Americas education -- even more so than the free college part. Education is theoretical in first couple of years -- but then people need to actually learn some skills for a actual job they will have when they graduate.

In the past -- we got away with not doing this. Leave it to people -- they will figure it out. It's works great in the days of horse and buggy when 4% of the population is college educated.

But shit has changed. Corporations are now global, the internet does what a liberal arts education used to do for a lot of people. Everything has 50+ years of intense scholarship with endless academic journal articles written in thick jargon.

We have this big population that wants a decent life -- but very few jobs for them because we got very efficient at minimizing labor costs.

Germany and Sweden by contrast -- understood that if they wanted high paid workers they needed to train them for high skill jobs right in highschool, college, and entry level. They also got efficient at minimizing labor costs -- they didn't do it by making everyone a fucking hopeless wage-slave in their country. Or in Harvard Business School Language: "We keep a highly disciplined labor market in the United States to maintain our competitive advantage in the global economy."

So yea they give people access to college virtually free. But besides some the above stuff throndor put under limitations. They also have a general set-up that makes these young college graduates worth the national investment -- even if they aren't from Germany!

If you treat your slaves better they work for you harder and don't try to chop your head off when there's a riot.

Edit: This is a big part of the problem with America in general. The competitive ethos. Turns out that performs a lot worse on a macro level than a cooperative one. If your main concern about education is to secure your kid a prestigious job...are you going to make the education system work really well at finding people jobs? Fuck no. That's not important. What is important is that your kid gets a job. So you to make that shit as obscure as possible for as many people as you can right? Otherwise your just making it harder on your kid and your friend's kids.

The university has a long track record of preserving upper middle class privilege in this country.
Last edited by JurisDictum; 01-13-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Old 01-13-2019, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah it’s interesting how streamlined acquiring wealth and status is for children coming from wealth, but for those like me coming from nothing.. I get the American Dream. If I just work 40-80 hours a week while completing my community college classes over 6 years, I can be lower middle class someday if the crippling stress doesn’t relegate me to gas station attendant permanently like it almost did. I really resent the system, but I still want to better myself to be in a position to help people with similar backgrounds. I hope it works out.
Old 01-13-2019, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah it’s interesting how streamlined acquiring wealth and status is for children coming from wealth, but for those like me coming from nothing.. I get the American Dream. If I just work 40-80 hours a week while completing my community college classes over 6 years, I can be lower middle class someday if the crippling stress doesn’t relegate me to gas station attendant permanently like it almost did. I really resent the system, but I still want to better myself to be in a position to help people with similar backgrounds. I hope it works out.
Well I'm sure someone that hasn't been threw anything you have and has no idea what their talking about in psychology, sociology, and politics, will be here shortly to agree with the MSM billionaire prospective:

We are all just whiny millennials.
Closed Thread