Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Aviak

Default Confessions of an everquest newbie...

Hello all and well met.

Waaaay back in the day i got into everquest right after ROK came out and i quit sometime during the Luclin era and went to EQ2. But wait thought you said you were an eq newbie??...Well let me explain

I played alot of eq but i had no frickin idea what the hell i was doing. Eq1 was my first mmo and i wondered around aimlessly playing a million alts never getting to cap never doing much of anything other then running around dying alot fighting mobs and somehow getting a human monk up to about lvl 55ish.

Fast foward to today after 5 years in eq2, wow since launch raiding all the high content and now rift id say i have a firm grasp on how mmorpgs work now. Sooooo now that i have some training so to speak i think this is a perfect time for me to give eq1 a try again.

Beings how kunark just came out i decided to roll an iksar necro as my playtime is somewhat limited. I remember necros being awsome at solo. I rollwd an iksar necro named Mcbones(i know retarded but im irish and bones necro couldnt think of anything else) and now i begin my adventure an almost true newbie.

Id like to ask this from people that would like to give some input. Given the information that i have provided, if you could offer say any 2 pieces of advice related at all to leveling or the necro class..what would you tell me?

Lastly i look foward to actually experiancing eq as a game and not being eternally retardedly lost. I look foward to any and all feedback. Thank you
Old 03-29-2011, 02:49 PM
Sarnak

It's slow til level 12-16ish then you will fly to 50+ Solo what you can and FD if you almost die. It's that simple.
Daire 2011-02-26 18:50:55 Dropped Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Amapolo 2011-02-26 18:51:29 Picked Up Item [commons] 17969{,10146,2280}
Old 03-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Fire Giant

Just to point out.. EQ2 didnt come out until like 5 expansions after Luclin :P

Luclin (2001)
The Planes of Power (October 2002)
The Legacy of Ykesha (February 2003)
Lost Dungeons of Norrath (September 2003)
Gates of Discord (February 2004)
Omens of War (September 2004)

EQ2 Release Nov 2004

As far as tips go... basically this game is no Rift, and no EQ2 even... if you are at 30% life, and the mob is at 40% life... run... or fd :P
Dont try to kill more than 1 thing at a time, until you get very good about killing 1 thing without it ever touching you.
Always look around. In this game a lvl 10 zone can have a lvl 30 giant roaming through it and wiping the floor with everything.
Noobie areas have maps (M key) use them to not get lost :P
Get your sense heading up. Bind one of your turn keys or both to the same key as sense heading, you will have it maxed in a few days.

Lastly.. i recommend you grab the all in one installer from my signature and use it to fix some of the bugs (maps primarily) and get a more intuative UI that it gives you an option to install. It will make things a heck of a lot easier being able to tell exactly how much mana you have left, and what % Hp you are at etc...
Last edited by Chrushev; 03-29-2011 at 03:04 PM..
Old 03-29-2011, 03:04 PM
Aviak

right i didnt mean went to eq2 right after just played other stuff till eq2 then went to it think i was playing diablo 2 maybe? not sure maybe just some console crap or stuff like baulders gate 2 icswind dale ect
Old 03-29-2011, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
right i didnt mean went to eq2 right after just played other stuff till eq2 then went to it think i was playing diablo 2 maybe? not sure maybe just some console crap or stuff like baulders gate 2 icswind dale ect
yeah thats what I figured :P I added more to my post above, not sure if you saw. Because you replied while I was editing.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Aviak

You should definately check out this website as it has a lot of useful information to new players:
Project 1999 Wiki
Hateshadow Lifebane, 67 necro of <Fleur de Lys>
Old 03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
Aviak

so far a good start met someone that was buying pincers for 2p so i got one and was able to buy spells also downloaded that all in one thing thank you.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckynclover [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so far a good start met someone that was buying pincers for 2p so i got one and was able to buy spells also downloaded that all in one thing thank you.

Btw those pincers...collect 4 of them and turn them into..uh forgot the ikkys name but he's up top floor on left side looking at cab in FoB. They give you mucho amounts of xp at lvl's 1-7ish? Plus ask for more than 2pp. Seen people buy them for 5pp each. Imo there worth that much.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 PM
Orc

pincers are easily 3-5pp each. best way for newbs to make money atm.
Closed Thread