Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-14-2019, 03:44 PM
Orc

Default Forum marking threads already read too quickly

Hello,

How can I get the forums to stop marking all threads read so quickly? As it is now, if I look away for a couple of minutes and come back all the new/replied to threads are marked read in every subforum. Heck, even if I read a long thread it can time out.

I tried looking for a setting in the User CP, but nothing stood out for me.

Thanks for any assistance!
Old 01-14-2019, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

First off, you have to understand that this forum software is old. Rogean tried updating it a few years ago and everyone threw a fit, so now we're pretty much stuck with outdated forum software. But on the plus side the forums feel like they're from the same era as classic EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

In light of the above, I don't think there is any setting you can change to control when posts get marked "read". I could be wrong, but as far as I can tell if you click "New Posts" the forum will give you every new post, and then mark them all as "read" like 20-30 minutes later, and there's nothing you can do about it.

But, to work around it, what you can do is logout, or open a new incognito window, and then come back to the forum. Instead of "New Posts" you'll have a "Today's Posts" link, and that will have all new posts ("read" and "unread").

Or you can just do what I do, and not open up "New Posts" unless you're ready to at least skim through all of them.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-14-2019 at 04:07 PM..