Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Up early as fuck in H-town with some new brooks running shoes (I was feeling shin splints coming on) to do a 4 mile run. GAINS

Been doing 4 miles in 30-31 minutes outdoors. A bit faster on the treadmill. Going for 29 minutes outside this morning
I went to 2 sporting goods stores to try on running shoes for about 30 mins each, I probably tried on 10 pairs of brooks shoes each time. All the shoes were 80+ and felt like they were cheap garbage,

do people really buy brooks shoes???

I ended up buying asics both times, I go through a pair of shoes every month or two ( I wear holes right in the bottom )

why is brooks so overpriced
Old 09-18-2018, 11:51 AM
Banned

Not sure.. I have a pair of limited edition brooks that teamed up with a local company called Casual Industrees. Both are local companies.. So that's the only pair i've owned and they are mad bulky and heavy feeling.. So they will sit in a box forever, and i'll never wear them, especially not for physical activities. I roll Asics too Tomato.

https://www.zumiez.com/brooks-x-casu...rey-shoes.html
Old 09-18-2018, 11:55 AM
Banned

humidity
Old 09-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Banned

Lol humidity

we got some very high temps here in florida past 3 days, its bad I don't know what it is

Maybe a final fuck you before the cool fronts roll in I hope.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaduwridder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went to 2 sporting goods stores to try on running shoes for about 30 mins each, I probably tried on 10 pairs of brooks shoes each time. All the shoes were 80+ and felt like they were cheap garbage,

do people really buy brooks shoes???

I ended up buying asics both times, I go through a pair of shoes every month or two ( I wear holes right in the bottom )

why is brooks so overpriced
I had nikes and I liked them. I don’t like the brooks so far but I also don’t like adidas new balance or asics. Nikes are the most minimalist and best for my feet but I won’t ever wear any of their NL products again unfortunately. I’m gonna give these brooks a chance because after the nikes they were the best for me but yeah, not amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure.. I have a pair of limited edition brooks that teamed up with a local company called Casual Industrees. Both are local companies.. So that's the only pair i've owned and they are mad bulky and heavy feeling.. So they will sit in a box forever, and i'll never wear them, especially not for physical activities. I roll Asics too Tomato.

https://www.zumiez.com/brooks-x-casu...rey-shoes.html
I agree with the bulky and heavy comment. My knees hurt more than normal with these but it was my first day wearing them. We’ll see. So far the soles aren’t soft enough
Old 09-18-2018, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had nikes and I liked them. I don’t like the brooks so far but I also don’t like adidas new balance or asics. Nikes are the most minimalist and best for my feet but I won’t ever wear any of their NL products again unfortunately. I’m gonna give these brooks a chance because after the nikes they were the best for me but yeah, not amazing

I agree with the bulky and heavy comment. My knees hurt more than normal with these but it was my first day wearing them. We’ll see. So far the soles aren’t soft enough
So what are you looking for in your shoe? You care mostly about the sole?

These New Balances have a top 10 on the market softest sole?
https://www.newbalance.com/fresh-foa...mbo&prefv1=Men

Saucony are a shoe that not many people sport.. I've tried them, they do have one of the comfiest sole's i've tried.. Not my favorite in design and style. But worth looking into?
https://www.saucony.com/en/mens-running/

I really like New Balance's but for some reason they often fit my foot strangely.. so i never get athletic shoes from them.
Old 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

I’m between a 12 and a 12.5 so I like very minimalist shoes that conform to the shape of my foot. My nikes were basically a very soft squishy some + socklike material holding them on my foot. These brooks almost feel like training shoes as opposed to runners.

I tried on a ton of new balance yesterday at runners world, same with ASICS. I’ll chdck those out though. Thanks bud
Old 09-18-2018, 03:03 PM
Banned

Let us know what you decide on man!!! I'm a shoe lover, so lemme what you get!
Old 09-18-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Try asics gel cumulus $60 and good

not that much arch support but they look sharp and feel solid, at least more then my last 3 pairs

https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/gel-c...010298539.9090
Old 09-18-2018, 03:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaduwridder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Try asics gel cumulus $60 and good

not that much arch support but they look sharp and feel solid, at least more then my last 3 pairs

https://www.asics.com/us/en-us/gel-c...010298539.9090
Yeah man. Asics are seriously underrated in both looks and feel.. so many Asics you see on your shelves are all old people shoes.. Look deeper and you realize Asics has some legit shoes.. I own multiple Gel Lyte shoes. I do everything in them, my jogging, weights, whatever! And damn they look good..

https://www.amazon.com/s/s/ref=sr_nr...nid=2528832011
Closed Thread