Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had more kills than anyone in Empire, with far less time played and less gear. Fact.

My k/d ratio was extremely high as well when looking actual deaths, not ones that don't count because of being killed 20 times in a row when afk, or suicide runs to stall people in a particular zone, or protecting shitters in the guild who couldn't PvP and needed time to run away whenever PvP came.

Translocate boxes were not a thing when I played either, you are wrong.
You seem to be the only person who thinks you were great. While playing the easiest pvp class in EQ.
Old 10-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Fire Giant

Toxic Forums
Old 10-01-2018, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

I never interacted with Zuranthium while I played here, but I think he sounds thoughtful and idealistic. I’d prob get along with him. I also get along fine with several players the forum peanut gallery hate. I bet I’d get along with Colgate too. I don’t take his cutting remarks personally.

People shouldn’t believe anything on these forums. Many posters are just trying to preserve their elf-reputation or flame others.

Zuranthium, it’s good to hear things from your perspective. Why didn’t you side with <Friends> or <Tempest> or even the failed experiment that was <Good Guys>? It might have helped balance it. Even though I was never very good at pvp, I always put my weight on the underdog’s side. Seems like the thing to do, to me. More balanced numbers.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
incorrect, people left quickly because of nonstop unplayable lag due to the retarded strategy of launching kunark blue live with red vanilla at the same time... raped the servers and was a complete laggy shitfest for at least 2months +

read cast's ancient blog about why the lag made him ragequit as he lost so many levels to it while bard kiting at launch "why I was the *real* first level 50"
I was there, this wasn't a thing. I don't remember ever being frustrated with lag the week red launched. I remember getting to level 11 on a paladin and farming a bullsmasher in akanaon and crafting a set of banded with the money i made looting people i killed in crushbone. But every day there were fewer people and within a couple weeks the server was a ghost town.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:09 PM
Banned

Z-man is correct about one thing - he had more pvp kills than about 90% of Empire toons, this is true.

What he is not correct about is:

-His ability in the game

-His perspective that his K/D ratio was good because if you minus off all the PvP deaths that didnt count ( whatever this means???)

-The fact he had less than a 1:1 K/D on the easist PvP class in the game (literally a 3 button class that had a instant escape option when he played)

-He talks about how much Empire was bad but his entire EQ history is him AFKing in the biggest ZERGs when he played

-He never joined any smaller PvP orientated guilds to give any credence to what he says here

In summary

Z-man killed a bunch of TMO stragglers over the span of a few months (if you plot it out he probably killed a player every 2nd or 3rd day), chain died to anyone that was remotely good. Would skip raids to farm PoM squire cards which he would sell to guildes for 4-5k per set -- when he would show up to raids he would afk. He'd literally be standing on gather spots in the ToV 10 minutes after raids had moved to the next spot.

He would go afk in PoM at click out and people would chain kill him to the point someone made an alt using RN to make up the M in his name to call LNS for him. Yes he was this retarded that he'd go afk in high traffic locations next to his bind.

His posts at this point are just trolls.
Last edited by White_knight; 10-01-2018 at 03:16 PM..
Old 10-01-2018, 03:31 PM
Banned

who cares
Old 10-01-2018, 04:07 PM
Kobold

essay after essay of a guy who talked about zerg guilds being the downfall of the community despite participating exclusively in every single one of them and showing up to raids only to spam cast o'keil's radiation on the tank for hours on end - this is not even a joke; he actually did this

am chortling atm
Old 10-01-2018, 04:18 PM
Banned

Rough go on the dead box FQ for Zman
Old 10-01-2018, 06:41 PM
Planar Protector

I have been a blue player for over 3 years now, but would like to try Red,

The big reason i havent is not because the community seems toxic, which it does, but because the player base is too small. I dont want to play an PVP MMO by myself.

I think changing red to a teams PVP server would increase the server POP 10 fold. I personally wont try Red until there is 150 people playing on average.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:24 PM
Planar Protector

If i were you I’d play now and ask for a power level. Get epic and 50ish pick up some junk raid items and dip. Then Come back if pop ever rises and try it out. Would also go caster so you know you can twink yourself after. If you going to play on red better think like a red.
Closed Thread