Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 02:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schaduwridder [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
quinoa is good

brown rice is good

pasta is BAD ( Flour is bad )

corn is bad
How do we get you to stop posting in here?

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It took me a while to find it but this post is a good motivator for bulking up. Try not to focus on the types of foods he talks about eating and just the amount of food.
Fuck, this is good shit Mead. And a very entertaining read too haha, i could read advice in the words of that guy for the rest of my life.. But that last part man.. It really is tough dude.. There is a lot of guilt that goes into eating like that.. A nation that is trying to lose weight, and then there is the minority.. The ones needing to gain weight, that really do work just hard to reach their goals as people on the opposite end. I'm going to give this all i got Mead, im'a keep you posted on progress since you don't struggle here.. You gonna be my dude for gains.. Today, i clocked in at 138lbs. after rolling outta bed.. This marks the beginning of my change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2018, 03:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Fuck, this is good shit Mead. And a very entertaining read too haha, i could read advice in the words of that guy for the rest of my life.. But that last part man.. It really is tough dude.. There is a lot of guilt that goes into eating like that.. A nation that is trying to lose weight, and then there is the minority.. The ones needing to gain weight, that really do work just hard to reach their goals as people on the opposite end. I'm going to give this all i got Mead, im'a keep you posted on progress since you don't struggle here.. You gonna be my dude for gains.. Today, i clocked in at 138lbs. after rolling outta bed.. This marks the beginning of my change [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a good problem to have though, bodes well for when you’re older. I’m down to 187 and probably 13-14% body fat and it’s been a 2 month-ish struggle to get here from 195....

GAINZ
Old 10-05-2018, 03:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjeff100 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably best to eat a ton of brown rice and chicken breasts with broccoli or something like that...several times a day. Eating 4 eggs in the morning with some carbs and/or veggies is better than McDonalds...

That being said. Some get away with eating a bunch of crap without getting fat because they genetically don't get fat that easy. It's a lot easier to eat stuff like white rice, pasta, bread etc...than the healthier varieties. It's easy to eat 2000 calories in a Chinese dinner. But if I did that -- I'm convinced id gain 20 lbs of fat in a month.

Also keep in mind, steroids...Once steroids are in the picture you pretty much just need a bunch of calories and enough protein and your good. Especially if your working out a lot more than average.
Old 10-05-2018, 03:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s a good problem to have though, bodes well for when you’re older. I’m down to 187 and probably 13-14% body fat and it’s been a 2 month-ish struggle to get here from 195....

GAINZ
Haha there's the silver lining!!! It's like saving money for retirement.. Sucks now, doesn't suck later [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-05-2018, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's probably best to eat a ton of brown rice and chicken breasts with broccoli or something like that...several times a day. Eating 4 eggs in the morning with some carbs and/or veggies is better than McDonalds...

That being said. Some get away with eating a bunch of crap without getting fat because they genetically don't get fat that easy. It's a lot easier to eat stuff like white rice, pasta, bread etc...than the healthier varieties. It's easy to eat 2000 calories in a Chinese dinner. But if I did that -- I'm convinced id gain 20 lbs of fat in a month.

Also keep in mind, steroids...Once steroids are in the picture you pretty much just need a bunch of calories and enough protein and your good. Especially if your working out a lot more than average.
People don't understand the way this works. You're going to gain the same amount of weight whether you eat 2,000 in mcdonalds, chic fil a, organic food from whole foods, whatever. It makes no difference. Whether you're getting more nutrients and eating foods better for your insides is a different story.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/disea...-for-100-foods

Glycemic index of wheat vs white, white vs brown, there's not much of a difference. And there's actually more calories per cup of brown rice due to the fats and slight advantage in protein. So you will actually gain more weight eating brown rice per cup.

Science bros.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People don't understand the way this works. You're going to gain the same amount of weight whether you eat 2,000 in mcdonalds, chic fil a, organic food from whole foods, whatever. It makes no difference. Whether you're getting more nutrients and eating foods better for your insides is a different story.

Glycemic index of wheat vs white, white vs brown, there's not much of a difference. And there's actually more calories per cup of brown rice due to the fats and slight advantage in protein. So you will actually gain more weight eating brown rice per cup.

Science bros.
I gotchu! I'm all in on the gain train.. Gonna totally relax my diet. Stay routine at the gym, and see how that works... Kinda hungry thinking about a real guilt free meal haha..
Old 10-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Banned

Quote:

Science bros.
Thisx1000. Clean gains vs Dirty gains is a myth. Gains can only be achieved through caloric surplus. The amount you put into muscle vs fat depends on your exercise routine and to a lesser extent, the macro breakdowns. If you aren't an idiot, it's easy to get enough protein. Beyond that, EAT MOTHER FUCKER, EAT.

Here's my progress pic. I weighed about 195 when I took that photo a few weeks ago. That's 9 months of working out regularly and eating like a fucking madman. I started at about 160-165. As you can see, healthy body fat, not super cut but it's a pretty low percentage given how much weight I have gained this year.

Are you a hard gainer? Then eat all the stuff everyone screams that you shouldn't eat.

Ice cream. Pizza. Fried chicken. Pasta. Milk. Whey. Beef. The higher the caloric density, the better. There are obviously nuances to this which can protect your long term health. If you care, you'll do the research and learn what fats are inflammatory, which sugar compounds are to be avoided, and the proteins which are most easily absorbable vs going to ferment in your gut.

I am just under 200 lb now. 6'3''. I anticipate I will be 215 and 3% bodyfat less than I am now before I reach my goal level of strength and aesthetic. Still a solid 18 months now that my babygains are finished.

Mead's chest program works. I don't follow it exactly but the important thing has been to increase weight and work to higher reps. Don't let yourself stall. I've cascaded that down into all other exercises except for ones where I historically injured joints. For those, it's better to do lighter weight, higher rep, slow and steady gains.

I am fortunate. I learned a lot about nutrition science and how to exercise while I was a sickboi. Makes it a lot easier as a healthyboi.

God speed. I'll check back here in a few weeks to make sure all elves are doing well.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thisx1000. Clean gains vs Dirty gains is a myth. Gains can only be achieved through caloric surplus. The amount you put into muscle vs fat depends on your exercise routine and to a lesser extent, the macro breakdowns. If you aren't an idiot, it's easy to get enough protein. Beyond that, EAT MOTHER FUCKER, EAT.

Here's my progress pic. I weighed about 195 when I took that photo a few weeks ago. That's 9 months of working out regularly and eating like a fucking madman. I started at about 160-165. As you can see, healthy body fat, not super cut but it's a pretty low percentage given how much weight I have gained this year.

Are you a hard gainer? Then eat all the stuff everyone screams that you shouldn't eat.

Ice cream. Pizza. Fried chicken. Pasta. Milk. Whey. Beef. The higher the caloric density, the better. There are obviously nuances to this which can protect your long term health. If you care, you'll do the research and learn what fats are inflammatory, which sugar compounds are to be avoided, and the proteins which are most easily absorbable vs going to ferment in your gut.

I am just under 200 lb now. 6'3''. I anticipate I will be 215 and 3% bodyfat less than I am now before I reach my goal level of strength and aesthetic. Still a solid 18 months now that my babygains are finished.

Mead's chest program works. I don't follow it exactly but the important thing has been to increase weight and work to higher reps. Don't let yourself stall. I've cascaded that down into all other exercises except for ones where I historically injured joints. For those, it's better to do lighter weight, higher rep, slow and steady gains.

I am fortunate. I learned a lot about nutrition science and how to exercise while I was a sickboi. Makes it a lot easier as a healthyboi.

God speed. I'll check back here in a few weeks to make sure all elves are doing well.
My man! Hahaaa! The new diet begins today!! I'm buying into this, metabolism is working 100% against my goals..
Old 10-05-2018, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

What a nice surprise. I'm glad you're doing well, pal. Chest is looking real good. Keep up the hard work.

Headed to work for a few days. My forum presence will be very minimal. Will be checking in when I can.

Closed Thread