Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

My buds in forsaken realm knew everything about EQ I just asked them. Thott didnt get gnome mask.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Magetower, Necrotalk, Monkly business, the list is pretty endless. If you needed to know something about your class you could find it. I specifically remember raster being completely layed out very early in Kunark.
Except half the information was incorrect and it was all poorly compiled. Definitely left a lot of mystery to the game.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Kobold

The least classic thing is that the P99 mods haven't searched around outside the forums or servers to find erotic fanfiction of a player and outright banned him like Verant did in 2000 or w/e.

Also nobody is playing on dialup with a 15" crt win 98 voodoo 2 pc.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Least classic thing is prolly the wiki. First couple xpacs most of the population was running around clueless trying to learn the zones
I'm pretty sure most that are posting here don't even need the wiki in the first place and know most of the game in the back of their head. Also there was a shit ton of guides out there within weeks or even days for much of the content back then too such as Allakhazam's. It's just a lot easier now due to shit like wikia's to act as defacto hubs for P99 in particular.
Old 10-17-2018, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The least classic thing is that the P99 mods haven't searched around outside the forums or servers to find erotic fanfiction of a player and outright banned him like Verant did in 2000 or w/e.

Also nobody is playing on dialup with a 15" crt win 98 voodoo 2 pc.
dialup + 17" CRT + Win95 + voodoo banshee
Old 10-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doil_Boil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is the lighting. Make everyone blind again. It’s more fun that way.
to fix this i play using a DVI connection (hdmi seems pasty) and keeping my Gamma in the client at 21 - i literally can not see in the dark as a human with no light source or serpent sight etc. getting from Everfrost to black burrow on a barbarian is really hard and scary
Old 10-17-2018, 01:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I specifically remember raster being completely layed out very early in Kunark.
What as laid about about the Raster camp?

"Wait, don't leave" ?
Old 10-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Banned

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What as laid about about the Raster camp?

"Wait, don't leave" ?
"Your parents will think you have a hard drugs habit by the time you get Raster idol."
Old 10-19-2018, 02:51 AM
Kobold

I usually just blast a pocket laser into my eyes and lose my eye sight for a short while to get me that true "I can't see shit" experience. Get on my level.
Closed Thread